Brighton - 28th Oct 08 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which raises the question, why are there 24 teams in each league? Surely fans would be better served by having fewer teams, and therefore fewer fixtures, and hence no great need to cram in a crowd of games over Christmas or have six or seven Tuesday/Wednesday games per season. Don't get me wrong, I love my public transport trips to the other end of the country and finally getting home 24 hours after the game, but some people I imagine do not. I believe the status quo is wrong, and the football league should consider creating an extra division. They won't though, precisely because it means fewer games, and therefore less money, and such a decision wouldn't fit into the 'fck the fans' attitude of the Premier$hip era.

Some people like to go to a few games over Christmas when they might have a week off work. Some people can only get to games in midweek.. But then I forgot - you were only thinking of yourself.

Some people like to go to a few games over Christmas when they might have a week off work. Some people can only get to games in midweek.. But then I forgot - you were only thinking of yourself.

You're missing the point Boc. Like I've said to you in person on more than one occasion, I enjoy the midweek trips and the Boxing Day fixtures. But most people probably don't. I'd be willing to bet a lot of those people in gainful employment would prefer fewer midweek games because travelling to fixtures at the other end of the country is only a realistic prospect on a weekend. And I'd be just as willing to bet that those with families would prefer being around said family at Christmas. For some people, that means going to football, but for many others it means making a choice.

Out of interest, how many of us are there going to be on Tuesday?

You're missing the point Boc. Like I've said to you in person on more than one occasion, I enjoy the midweek trips and the Boxing Day fixtures. But most people probably don't. I'd be willing to bet a lot of those people in gainful employment would prefer fewer midweek games because travelling to fixtures at the other end of the country is only a realistic prospect on a weekend. And I'd be just as willing to bet that those with families would prefer being around said family at Christmas. For some people, that means going to football, but for many others it means making a choice.

Out of interest, how many of us are there going to be on Tuesday?

I've no idea how many are going to be there and I've got no idea what you've said to me in person, because I have no idea who you are.

I think it may be you who is missing the point and your reasoning seems so confused that I can't even follow it.

In relation to this particular game, have you stopped to consider what would happen to the ticket allocation if the match were to be on a Saturday? Less than 900 tickets available and every one of them would go to Priority One season ticket holders - every one to the people that go to almost every away match and none at all left for those fans who go on an occasional basis. At least with the game being on a Tuesday, people with lower priority, members and ordinary fans with no priority have been able to get an ticket.

I've no idea how many are going to be there and I've got no idea what you've said to me in person, because I have no idea who you are.

I think it may be you who is missing the point and your reasoning seems so confused that I can't even follow it.

In relation to this particular game, have you stopped to consider what would happen to the ticket allocation if the match were to be on a Saturday? Less than 900 tickets available and every one of them would go to Priority One season ticket holders - every one to the people that go to almost every away match and none at all left for those fans who go on an occasional basis. At least with the game being on a Tuesday, people with lower priority, members and ordinary fans with no priority have been able to get an ticket.

Apologies, I didn't introduce myself. Erm, you'd know me from Craven Cottage, coach to Hartlepool (or rather, Stockton) and back, various other locations.

You're right about the allocation, but isn't that the whole point of the away match priority system? Like I said, I actually quite like midweek games - I get some perverse enjoyment out of getting home on Wednesday afternoon after a Tuesday night game.

Those things considered, then, it seems I'm arguing on behalf of hypothetical 'other people', about whom quite frankly I don't give a toss :icon_bigg so screw it, keep the Tuesday nights

Apologies, I didn't introduce myself. Erm, you'd know me from Craven Cottage, coach to Hartlepool (or rather, Stockton) and back, various other locations.

:081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081:

Good people of Talking Balls!

I introduce you to the man who indulges in the most eccentric travel arrangements known to man. Somebody, who when faced with a journey of 165 miles to the north-east of England, travels for over 100 miles in a southerly direction before finally turning his face in the direction of his destination.

I shall not take his TB ramblings so seriously in the future. I suggest you do the same.

:081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081: :081:

Good people of Talking Balls!

I introduce you to the man who indulges in the most eccentric travel arrangements known to man. Somebody, who when faced with a journey of 165 miles to the north-east of England, travels for over 100 miles in a southerly direction before finally turning his face in the direction of his destination.

I shall not take his TB ramblings so seriously in the future. I suggest you do the same.

Now now, that's uncalled for. Ok, no it's not.

Boc, or anyone. My coach doesn't leave Brighton until 1.15am Wednesday, I don't suppose any of you know of any (preferably alcohol-free) forms of entertainment in the area in which I can partake after the game?

Boc, or anyone. My coach doesn't leave Brighton until 1.15am Wednesday, I don't suppose any of you know of any (preferably alcohol-free) forms of entertainment in the area in which I can partake after the game?

In Brighton :icon_eek:

what the **** is this?

As of approx 10.30am today only 50 tickets were left for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566