Pre Match Bristol City v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have dwarfed all others in terms of spending over a 2 year period and they build up a healthy position with a very winnable sequence of games coming up....But I had you and WHU as auto favs last season so
what do I know?
I thought Cardiff and yourselves this time.
It was only an opinion.
Mind you I saw what happened to Mickey for thinking independantly

Ah ha.. Foxes as a pick for auto promotion 2 seasons running.. dare you admit it, you must have rated Nigel!

Sounds like the Single white female plot.. "Heady, a needy young woman seeks fulfillment by trying to literally become her successful roommate. She's a kook that's infatuated with Allie. She soon starts dressing like Allie, and acting like Allie. And Allie soon finds out that Heady has some dark secrets".

losing to this lot last season was really disappointing, hopefully we can avoid a repeat.

our problem then was conceding too many on the road (losing 3-2 at watford and bristol city, drawing 3-3 at blackpool). this season, it's scoring away that's been the problem. hopefully wood can address that in his first away game!

Bogey side indeed.

In recent memory, I can think of three games at least where we were the better side against Bristol City only to lose thanks to missed penalties, goalkeeping howlers, goalkeeping masterclasses, defending nightmares etc. etc.

how many new players will they have for this game? 2 minimum possibly 3/4, but they wont have that speedy winger Adomah (ANC) looks they are trying to get one of our rumoured targets Liam Kelly in for weekend...... bring it on

GK - Craig Forrest

RB - Mark Arbre
CB - Carlton Palmer
CB - Paul Groves
LB - Chris Barker

RM - Rasmus Elm
CM - Steffan Oakes
CM - Alan Birchenall (MBE)
LM - Graham Branch

FW - Dean Ashton
FW - CHRIS WOOD

Tree-Nil to us.

Last edited:
Has Nige been nominated for Manager of the Month?
Soz-ignore that question-it has just been awarded to someone else.

Has Nige been nominated for Manager of the Month?
Soz-ignore that question-it has just been awarded to someone else.

And that, Sir, is your misfortune.

I fancy us to win this. With Wood and Nugent up front we have one of the most promising strike forces in the league now, which is certainly more relaxing as a fan given our wastefulness at the start of the season.

Bristol City are more than capable of finding the net (as they have proved this season), but keep it tight as is generally the name of our game and we should be fine. They're hideously vulnerable.

Surely we should win this on form and league position but it does seem to be a bit of a bogey ground for us in recent years. If Wood can maintain his ratio of 2 goals per league game for us and can improve his touch though, we should be OK.

3-1 City for me. Wood x 2 and Keane to get one with his noggin.

I truly hope our fans dont get too carried away with Wood.

I hope we can sign someone with no ball control who can score 2 goals per game.
Mind you we have a bloke called Micklemus Daisy on our forums who will still be critical

Looking forward to this one. I assume Nige will go with Kasper, Konch, Wes, Keane, RDL, Knockers, Matty, Drinkwater, Marshall, Nuge, Wood, unless anyone's unavailable.

I'm going 1-1. Nugent penalty.

6 points from Brizzle, Boro and Wolves would be an excellent return.

If we can win this type of game then I may start to believe we can close the gap. We are a better team than Bristol but we will have to grind and battle. I much prefer our chances with a big target man alongside Nugent. I'm going to predict an ugly 2-1 win with Marshall (late winner) and Drinkwater scoring the goals.

Looking forward to this one. I assume Nige will go with Kasper, Konch, Wes, Keane, RDL, Knockers, Matty, Drinkwater, Marshall, Nuge, Wood, unless anyone's unavailable.

I predict that Dyer will start.

Probably being pedantic here, but if it's 1-1 tomorrow then we can't get 6 points from that run of games (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 points are the only options).

Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670