Bristol Rovers 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards Gradel, I don't think it's personal problems, I just think he has no confidence atm, it shows with the runs he was making at the beginning to now he just runs into the guy. I would rest him for a few games at least and play Adams, who looked solid when he came on.

Gilbert will be back on tuesday so i would drop hobbs, who again has no confidence and the fans where getting on his back yesterday which won't help.

It's also that Hobbs is no rightback. With Gilbert, he's always ready for the overlapping run, opening up more options, and supplies Gradel at a better time.

Indeed, and I think playing out of position has knocked his confidence further.

Again Bristol only had a few shots on goal, teams are not attacking all game at home, so we don't need a back four. I would stick Morrison, Tunchev and probably gilbert as a back centre 3, have dyer and adams as wing backs, kisichev as a defensive holding mid, king and oakley just in front and the two forwards.

He ripped the majority of defences apart last season for a team that got relegated, he has only shown glimpses of that form this season when surrounded by what should be better players, I would say it's fair to say his personal life is having an effect.

Or maybe it's the fact he's shit scared of trying anything out of the ordinary at the Walkers because some thick ***** will get onto his back and groan every time he doesn't beat a full back.

Perhaps its because he is really a left winger? His strength seems to be when he cuts inside, so i think it would be better when done onto his stronger foot. I'd have adams and dyer as first choice wingers, with gradel on the bench, but use him as a replacement for dyer in the second half.

I ended up at the Man u, Hull game ( excellent game by the way), but was kept up to date by phone and text from a few on here, thanks.

Great win, and like people have said, as long as Fryatt keeps banging em in and we keep winning, ill keep off his back.

I would like to say thanks to the two inbreds, who were sat in the row behind me, for waiting until I had walked past them before throwing up all over the place.

Throughout the match their command of the English language was 'interesting'. The vowels were somewhat shaky, but the concept of consonants appeared to have escaped them completely.

Last edited:
Great win, and like people have said, as long as Fryatt keeps banging em in and we keep winning, ill keep off his back.

My worry is what happens if he gets injured? Where are the goals gonna come from? It's great that he's scoring so well, but we need more goals from elsewhere or we could come unstuck.

I know it is only Football Manger and it isn't real, but on the new demo it reckons that Morrison is a D RC, and says he is accomplised at RB.

Morrison------Kisnorbo-----Tunchev-----Mattock

just seen their goal. corker

I know it is only Football Manger and it isn't real, but on the new demo it reckons that Morrison is a D RC, and says he is accomplised at RB.

Morrison------Kisnorbo-----Tunchev-----Mattock

If you look at FM08, the squad we start with is good enough to take us up to the Premiership. Take it with a box of salt :icon_wink

Howard was pretty awful, he can't start against Rotherham surely?

Howard was pretty awful, he can't start against Rotherham surely?

He won most of his headers, laying them off into spaces that you'd expect his partner to be chasing down. As well as Matty Fryatt is playing at the moment, there's room for improvement in his link-up play with Howard.

Sorry if you didn't see this.

Howard is OK with his back to goal but as soon as he turns round he looks woeful. Its no fluke that we started to improve once Howard went off. As you say, Fryatt can take his share of the blame for that.

My worry is what happens if he gets injured? Where are the goals gonna come from? It's great that he's scoring so well, but we need more goals from elsewhere or we could come unstuck.

Howard..........:icon_lol:

I'm just glad we won, and grabbing something out of the fire is the best way to turn around slipping confidence. Good win!

This league has to be taken seriously... look at some other teams that ended up here for 2 or 3 seasons (Leeds, Man City years ago, Birmingham). We should be going for every game like it's a cup final, and have promotion wrapped up by Easter.

I'm just glad we won, and grabbing something out of the fire is the best way to turn around slipping confidence. Good win!

This league has to be taken seriously... look at some other teams that ended up here for 2 or 3 seasons (Leeds, Man City years ago, Birmingham). We should be going for every game like it's a cup final, and have promotion wrapped up by Easter.

Except Man City and Birmingham went straight back up...

I saw Fryatts goals this morning. The first one was class. I think its time people laid off him. He is a very good finisher, just fluffs the odd sitter. Even Berbatov does that now and again.

Lets focus our attention on identifying a real area of weakness - our flakey centre mids.

I would like to say thanks to the two inbreds, who were sat in the row behind me, for waiting until I had walked past them before throwing up all over the place.

Flippin' West Standers eh?!!

Anyone seen the goals on LCFC World yet? Wonder if they did the highlights just before the game finished, or if they are just idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669