Pre Match Burnley away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I obviously want a win, I think I'd be quite happy with a point here, just to stop the rot a bit.

I hope Stowell impresses on the players the importance of this match, another shitty result here and we'll be on the verges of having nothing to play for. I'm not thinking with regards to the points total we'll be on, that'll be salvagable, I mean in terms of club confidence...I can't imagine that the dressing room will be a cheery place right now, having conceded 6 in two games and being managerless. A third loss on the bounce and I can imagine a few heads starting to drop.

Here's hoping we turn it around today.

Going to this one as its the closest to me. Even worse I am going with some Burnley fans. I am expecting similar to last season and a lot of mickey taking on the way home. Such comments as all that money etc etc. 3-1 Burnley, Nugent to score against his former team.

Last edited:
1-0 to Burnley.
Bamba own-goal.

Beckford makes one header, puffs his chest out and the LCFC fans chant "wanker, wanker".

Schmicheal
Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Konchesky
Johnson
Wellens
King
Abe
Nugent
Beckford

Subs
Weale, St Ledger, Gallagher, Danns, Howard

Not necessarily what I'd go for but I think it could be what we end up with.

2-0 City ... King, Howard

Last edited:
Let's hope the fans get a good opportunity to boo, long and loud

Especially at Beckford, the lazy, arrogant useless feck...

Pressman

Beckford
Beckford
Beckford
Beckford

Beckford
Beckford
Wise (C)
Beckford

Beckford
Beckford

('C' stands for ****)

Brown
Barrett
Black
King
Harrold
Thomson
Roxburgh
Smith
Paterson
Hebden
Tompkin

Not much mention of Jeffrey Schlupp here. I suppose that's the problem with five subs isn't it?

Hopefully Schlupp starts with Beckford on bench. Heck with the way Beckford has been lately, I'd much rather have Howard on bench - atleast he gives it a go.

Last edited:
Hopefully Schlupp starts with Beckford on bench. Heck with the way Beckford has been lately, I'd much rather have Howard on bench - atleast he gives it a go.

Well I hope we can all agree that Howard must be in the sixteen, some way or another. I think nowadays Howard is most effective as a substite. I don't think he could do a job for 90 minutes considering his age and the fact that he's barely played all season.

I'd perhaps start with Schlupp and Nugent up front, then bring on Howard and leave Beckford as an unused substitute unless someone gets injured.

Burnley (a)

Kasper, Pelts, Mills, Bamba, Konchesky, Wellens, King, Danns, Fernandes, Howard, Nugent

Re: Burnley (a)

Bit early to announce the team, isn't it?

Re: Burnley (a)

Where was this announced Alex? Seems amazingly early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669