Burnley match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
For me very similar performance to saturday, first 15 to 20 minutes we showed some energy and determination, but after that it was a downward spiral, again another poor result but far more worryingly another inept performance that again highlighted the inbalance of the squad, poor fitness levels, poor preperation, lack of motivation and desire and unimaginative tactics.

Make no bones about this, the problems seem far more deep rooted that early season jitters or bad days at the office, these two games against Luton and Burnley with all due respect to both clubs were an opportunity to build a solid platform for the season, and TBH both are teams we need to and should be beating if we seriously want any chance of even staying up this season let alone harbour ambitions of any further progression.

I am not scaremongering but on the evidence of the performances, attitudes, level of commitment and the manager's tactics, formation, selections and substitutions we are in real danger this season of relegation.

I was hopeful of challenging the top 10, but I would settle now to finish the season one place above the relegation zone, yes after two games the stench of a relegation side hangs over the Walkers and I am afraid I have seen nothing to suggest that this season we can pull off another great escape.

couldnt have worded it better myself pfka :)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree with a lot of what you have posted, however whilst finances dictate that our manager has to shop in the bargain basement, it does not excuse poor preperation, poor tactics, lack of motivation and desire and poor fitness.

Our financial position means that the quality of player we can now attract isn't in the same leagues as the clubs who have parachute payments, however that means that we must be better prepared, fitter, better organised and well drilled, all aspects that Kelly can and should effect.

And what earthly use is Andy Johnson going to be? Last night he strolled around looking every inch a has been who is going through the motions for his last decent pay package. Why have we brought it a player when it must have been known that his legs have now gone?

Redditch Fox said:
And what earthly use is Andy Johnson going to be? Last night he strolled around looking every inch a has been who is going through the motions for his last decent pay package. Why have we brought it a player when it must have been known that his legs have now gone?

Totally agree With RF,never rated him.
Early days I know but I don't think Kelly is up to it.

Redditch Fox said:

Where did our mention Andy Johnson ??? You originally stated that we find ourselves in our current predictament due to our financial position, to which a degree I agree however I was stating that there are fundamental flaws in our pre season preperation and elements that we are lacking as a team that have nothing to do with finance but to poor planning and organisation, which can be laid firmly at the door of Kelly and his staff.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Where did our mention Andy Johnson ??? You originally stated that we find ourselves in our current predictament due to our financial position, to which a degree I agree however I was stating that there are fundamental flaws in our pre season preperation and elements that we are lacking as a team that have nothing to do with finance but to poor planning and organisation, which can be laid firmly at the door of Kelly and his staff.

Yes - but the two things are related: our financial position dicatated the appointment of a manager - 'on the cheap' - it was an easy decision to make given the sterling job he did at the end of last season, but it appears it would have been better to have said 'thanks, but we need to go into the market for someone with a more substantial track record.'

I have already made the point elsewhere that i agree that the squad looks ill prepared, but to be honest, even if they were better prepared I stll think that they would be a physical push over for many sides.

I - not you - brought in Andy Johnson, because I think he is indicative of poor planning - and lack of finance.

Redditch Fox said:
Yes - but the two things are related: our financial position dicatated the appointment of a manager - 'on the cheap' - it was an easy decision to make given the sterling job he did at the end of last season, but it appears it would have been better to have said 'thanks, but we need to go into the market for someone with a more substantial track record.'

I have already made the point elsewhere that i agree that the squad looks ill prepared, but to be honest, even if they were better prepared I stll think that they would be a physical push over for many sides.

I - not you - brought in Andy Johnson, because I think he is indicative of poor planning - and lack of finance.

Fair do's good post Redditch

Mike Hunt Smells said:
As Bocadillo was entering the ground, we weren't far behind. I was going to say hello but when we went through the turnstile, I couldn't see him anywhere.

I too saw Boc before the game.....he was near the players entrance a couple of hours before kick off.

I just wondered Boc, as you appeared to talk to one or two of them as they arrived, did you speak to O'Grady - and if so, did he give any indication as to his non-inclusion???

Personally, I was suprised - was he??

BOB HAZELL said:
I too saw Boc before the game.....he was near the players entrance a couple of hours before kick off.

I just wondered Boc, as you appeared to talk to one or two of them as they arrived, did you speak to O'Grady - and if so, did he give any indication as to his non-inclusion???

Personally, I was suprised - was he??

Yes, I did speak to some of them. As I have said elsewhere, they did appear to be an unhappy lot - none of them seemed to have any idea of the line-up. Kisnorbo certainly did know whether he would be playing or not and O'Grady seemed to have some hope that he would be in the starting line-up - he definitely did not know he wouldn't even be sub, I am certain of that.

It's all very worrying.....

The apparent uncertainty must be unnerving some individuals.....I'm not sure what to make of things at this moment - and it seems I'm not the only one...

BOB HAZELL said:
It's all very worrying.....

The apparent uncertainty must be unnerving some individuals.....I'm not sure what to make of things at this moment - and it seems I'm not the only one...

it is worrying Bob, and as I have said before, something big has cracked off behind the scenes and its showing for all to see on the field. Look at how Fryatt booted the ball into the stand and got booked. He did not give a shit

In the shite! It is worrying. Millwall did this last season. Got a manager in (claridge) and then quickly changed their minds. It really is too late in the day to make decisions like this, all key decisions should have been taken a long time ago.

I thought at the start of this season I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

It was a fecking train, we're dead

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I thought at the start of this season I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

It was a fecking train, we're dead

i think what you saw was shite at the end of the tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673