Pre Match Burton Albion v Leicester - League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd start Iheanacho with Vardy on the bench incase he's needed, we may end up needing Nacho so need to get him some game time, also Benkovic should start

Same team as the last round?

Ward
Justin
Morgan
Evans
Fuchs
Ndidi
Praet
Tielemans
Gray
Albrighton
Perez
I’d go with:

Ward
Justin
Morgan
Benkovic
Fuchs
Choudhury
Praet
Mendy
Gray
Albrighton
Iheanacho

Unlike the last couple of seasons, were actually playing for something this season so I’m more open to a raft of changes.

Same team as the last round?

Ward
Justin
Morgan
Evans
Fuchs
Ndidi
Praet
Tielemans
Gray
Albrighton
Perez

Looks about right to me

Praet, Albrighton and Gray have to start

Burton have won 8 of their last 9 ties in this competition. They beat Bournemouth 2-0 last round.

Over the last three seasons, they've only been beaten in this competition by Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool.

For this sort of fixture, I'd normally be all in favour of wholesale changes. However, I think Burton should be respected for this record. We're also playing Friday - Tuesday - Sunday which gives plenty of time for recuperation.

I'd be tempted to go unchanged. Keep the momentum going from Southampton.

Do the club show this match for free through their website, or have I imagined it? Was it an U23 match we could watch on the website?

team for tonight

Ward
Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs
Choudhury Praet
Gray Perez Albrighton
Hirst

Subs: Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Soyuncu, Dewsbury-Hall, Muskwe, Goalie

10 changes from Saints, but 10 full or age group internationals on show 7 of whom have played multiple times in the premier league this year. Hirst deserves a go as he's been looking quality for the U23's. Dewsbury-Hall and Muskwe likewise. George Thomas would be unlucky not to get on the bench aswell. If we are struggling we can always break out Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy on 60mins.

Well. Who's idea was that! It's almost like they are trying to ensure that the Carabao Cup is a senior trophy played by 1st XI's.

on that basis

Ward
Justin Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs
Ndidi
Gray Choudury Praet Albrighton
Perez

Same team as last round

I'd say Man City to beat Soton 9-0 at 250/1 is a much better gamble.

We've never played a competitive match at Burton before. I know we had them in the 80s in the FA Cup match that had to be replayed but they were both played at other stadiums (Derby and Cov).

We've played them at home a couple of times and only once before in this competition and lost 2-4. That was 2012 and our team that night was:

Schmeichel, De Laet, St. Ledger, Whitbread, Konchesky, James, Danns, Knockaert, Schlupp, Waghorn, Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669