Calling All Leicester Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairbauer

Hi

I write a QPR blog - Hoop Dreams QPR (I can't post a link because I've not posted enough but you can look it up on Google - fortunately mods can add links , so one did :icon_wink) and ahead of this weekend's game, I wanted to know what Leicester supporters think about their club. I'm trying to avoid the same old boring match previews and pontificating about a club when surely it would be better to get it from the horse's mouth (no offence intended). So what's it like being a Leicester fan and how do you think you will do tomorrow night?

Thanks very much,

Alistair Kleebauer (and I'm neutral so i come in peace).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think how we do tomorrow will largely depend on Andy King, who is the Roy Keane, Patrick Viera of the team. He makes more tackles in a game than some players do in a season and if he is at his combative best against QPR then I think there is a good chance we could get a win.

Last edited:
You'll be interested to know that Leicester are a second half team, unless they score in the first half.

Last edited:
That's pretty high praise. Does that mean he bosses a game but he could get sent off at any minute :) ?

More importantly, what do you think makes a leicester fan - do you think different clubs attract different types of people (i.e man united - arrogant, qpr - I'd probably go for masochistic, though they're doing pretty well at the moment).

Hi

I write a QPR blog - Hoop Dreams QPR (I can't post a link because I've not posted enough but you can look it up on Google) and ahead of this weekend's game, I wanted to know what Leicester supporters think about their club. I'm trying to avoid the same old boring match previews and pontificating about a club when surely it would be better to get it from the horse's mouth (no offence intended). So what's it like being a Leicester fan and how do you think you will do tomorrow night?

Thanks very much,

Your link Alistair.....

http://hoopdreamsqpr.blogspot.com/

That's pretty high praise. Does that mean he bosses a game but he could get sent off at any minute :) ?

More importantly, what do you think makes a leicester fan - do you think different clubs attract different types of people (i.e man united - arrogant, qpr - I'd probably go for masochistic, though they're doing pretty well at the moment).

I wouldnt say he bosses a game he just does that dirty work, sometimes you dont even notice him making the tackles.

He also scored a lot of goals last season in League 1 and plays for Wales U21s :icon_wink

City fans are probably the most fickle around... an i say that in all honestly.

Last edited:
Hi

I write a QPR blog - Hoop Dreams QPR (I can't post a link because I've not posted enough but you can look it up on Google) and ahead of this weekend's game, I wanted to know what Leicester supporters think about their club. I'm trying to avoid the same old boring match previews and pontificating about a club when surely it would be better to get it from the horse's mouth (no offence intended). So what's it like being a Leicester fan and how do you think you will do tomorrow night?

Thanks very much,

We moan about everything, even if we're winning.
We like tits.

Rubbish

Rubbish We're not fickle at all.
Unless we're losing, then we're definitely fickle.

I'd give that crown to Toon fans. Just watch what happens to Houghton when they drop out of the top two.

I'd give that crown to Toon fans. Just watch what happens to Houghton when they drop out of the top two.

... and he will, now he has been placed in a comfort zone. :icon_wink

Don't listen to them about Andy King, he's not exactly combative (in fact he's the exact opposite of how this lot have discribed him) and this has lead many Leicester fans to get on his back. He is however, a good, tidy footballer IMO.

As for key men, Jack Hobbs at the back is a rock and quite an exciting prospect. I'd stear clear of trying to write too much about Matty Fryatt, there's not much to mention about him other than he used to fat and a bit crap but now he's quite good. I'd go so far as to say we have one of the best center mids in the league in Richie Wellens; an all action, box to box midfielder with an eye for a pass.

What makes a Leicester fan? From what I can gather from the old farts on here, we used to be very good in the 70's with Weller, Glover, Worthington, Birchenall etc players like this also gave us a strong connection with London. (I don't know if any played for QPR:102:) I guess a mixture of the past glories in the 70's/late 90's and the recent crapness makes us a slightly eratic and occasionally fickle group of fans.

I'm 99% sure that none of my fellow city fans will agree with me though.

Last edited:
Hi

I write a QPR blog - Hoop Dreams QPR (I can't post a link because I've not posted enough but you can look it up on Google - fortunately mods can add links , so one did :icon_wink) and ahead of this weekend's game, I wanted to know what Leicester supporters think about their club. I'm trying to avoid the same old boring match previews and pontificating about a club when surely it would be better to get it from the horse's mouth (no offence intended). So what's it like being a Leicester fan and how do you think you will do tomorrow night?

Thanks very much,

Being a Leicester fan is brilliant at the minute, after seasons of uncertainty and dissapointment in the last couple of years we have got a manager who is trying to bring a passing style of play to the Walkers Stadium. The relegation season was an awful season to see so it is so satisfying to see the team playing well and being in the play off positions even at this early stage. Pearson has signed some very capable player, Chris Weale, Richie Wellens, Jack Hobbs to name a few. All of these are a breath of fresh air, good hungry players who are eager to get Leicester back in the Premiership. Nigel Pearson is certainly respected at Leicester and most people appreciate the work he is doing, having only lost six games in something like fifty-nine he is certainly doing well at Leicester and has taken the experiences of last season into this one. This season in my opinion has been succesful so far, personally I thought we would struggle but sensible signings have made us look like play off contenders even at this early stage. Tomorrows game should be exciting with QPR doing so well lately and with us looking very hard to break down conceding only one goal in our last five.

Being a Leicester fan is brilliant at the minute, after seasons of uncertainty and dissapointment in the last couple of years we have got a manager who is trying to bring a passing style of play to the Walkers Stadium. The relegation season was an awful season to see so it is so satisfying to see the team playing well and being in the play off positions even at this early stage. Pearson has signed some very capable player, Chris Weale, Richie Wellens, Jack Hobbs to name a few. All of these are a breath of fresh air, good hungry players who are eager to get Leicester back in the Premiership. Nigel Pearson is certainly respected at Leicester and most people appreciate the work he is doing, having only lost six games in something like fifty-nine he is certainly doing well at Leicester and has taken the experiences of last season into this one. This season in my opinion has been succesful so far, personally I thought we would struggle but sensible signings have made us look like play off contenders even at this early stage. Tomorrows game should be exciting with QPR doing so well lately and with us looking very hard to break down conceding only one goal in our last five.

Never realised you were a teacher's pet Harbro, did you PM him a picture of an apple as well? :icon_roll

MOD ALERT.

I think that someone has hacked into Harbro's account.

:icon_lol:

Did you mean Hughton Drydal?

"We're Leicester City, we rule supreme. We'll never be mastered by those Forest bastards we'll keep the blue flag flying high...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669