Confirmed Transfer Callum Doyle on loan

Enzo says he can "adapt'" (said if often in fact) Give it a chance and see what that looks like in reality.

we're still going to force a dogmatic system on largely ill equipped players
But, yes, I get where you're coming from. The scope for it all going horribly wrong is obviously there, at least from the start. As H T B H T B said above, it could well require some patience. Fingers crossed we get off to a flyer eh, and Cov could potentially be a tricky first match.

Your last paragraph may be true, that’s why it’s important fans show patience and don’t have any carry over from last season.

That depends whether we'd be showing patience for something that will ultimately come good or show patience for something that is doomed to fail irrespective of how long we try it.

That's what I'll be looking to decide when I see our early matches.

That depends whether we'd be showing patience for something that will ultimately come good or show patience for something that is doomed to fail irrespective of how long we try it.

That's what I'll be looking to decide when I see our early matches.
I remember us taking apart Man City in Pep’s early days, when he was trying to force his system onto players who weren’t able to do it. They went out and spent over £100m on full backs the following summer, which is something we won’t be able to do, but it may well require patience, while we wait to get the “right” players in, even if it’s on a substantially smaller budget.

I prefer 'adapt' as a philosophy to 'plan A harder'. Though I guess it depends on who you expect to do the adapting, it could be the same thing phrased differently.

Fingers crossed we get off to a flyer eh, and Cov could potentially be a tricky first match.
Coventry have lost 2 of their best players and are about to lose their 3rd.

I know we have lost Maddison and Tilemans but with what's left we should still be able to beat Coventry, if we struggle and lose at a sold out KP then it's the time to worry.

we struggle and lose at a sold out KP then it's the time to worry
Yep. I think that is the concern. After last season and with the hopes for this, that first match, and the reactions to it, is going to set a tone on and off the pitch. We need a win, for so many reasons.

Good signing on paper. I think we've done very well in the market so far. I'm happy with all three and the Goalkeeper being touted looks pretty decent as well. Now, we need an attacker and a replacement for Barnes. Barnes' numbers over the past 3 seasons of combined assists and goals are better than Foden's and Saka's. We will be losing a fantastic player despite some of the utter rubbish spouted about him by some. We MUST replace him but finding a player that will give us at least half of his numbers might be tough.

Good signing on paper. I think we've done very well in the market so far. I'm happy with all three and the Goalkeeper being touted looks pretty decent as well. Now, we need an attacker and a replacement for Barnes. Barnes' numbers over the past 3 seasons of combined assists and goals are better than Foden's and Saka's. We will be losing a fantastic player despite some of the utter rubbish spouted about him by some. We MUST replace him but finding a player that will give us at least half of his numbers might be tough.

I don't see us signing a striker before at least one of our current 3 goes. Hope that means we don't miss out on key targets.

But we need to crack on with signing at least 2 wingers and an attacking mid.

I don't see us signing a striker before at least one of our current 3 goes. Hope that means we don't miss out on key targets.

But we need to crack on with signing at least 2 wingers and an attacking mid.
I would like us to hold on to at least two of the three (Vardy and Nacho), I’m so unsure of Daka that I’m again unsure whether I’d want him to go but when he joined us he looked good (potentially) and very direct with pace to burn.

He also came across as very confident. I’m also fairly sure that BR destroyed his confidence so perhaps a season at a lower level against inferior defences than last season may be just what he needs?

I think that also you could apply the above logic to most of our players being destroyed by BR, bar the obvious half a dozen or so (Bertrand, Vesty, Amartey, Ward ++).

So, in conclusion we nearly have enough at the back and up top if we only lose Barnes, midfield is a bit of a problem from where I’m sitting, we need a captain here and a dominant force, someone who “digs you out” of a hole by his desire, attitude, leadership and workmate, but perhaps in the signings we already have, this void has been filled?

If not we need a “John Terry” sort of character as we were lacking this all last season. ****ing hell what I wouldn’t give for a Weselewski type character in the middle of the pitch.

In conclusion I am happy with where we are and the fact that it looks like we will shed about 1-12 players most of which we won’t need this coming season (obvious exceptions).

We look okay at this point but a couple more careful additions could make us appear (on paper) a very good bet to do well in the coming season.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463