Cambiasso isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame him for going to West Ham. A bigger club and a last chance to play in Europe. I do wonder if the delay was perhaps due to seeing if they progressed past preliminary rounds.

Can't blame him for going to West Ham. A bigger club and a last chance to play in Europe. I do wonder if the delay was perhaps due to seeing if they progressed past preliminary rounds.
I ****ing can, absolute negligible difference between them and us. In fact we play much better football compared to them boring sods.

I'm sorry, but leaving us to go to them is shit, why would a Champions league winner be bothered about playing Europa League?

If he goes to them then I hope we absolutely ****ing drill them.

As I suspected it looks like West Ham will be his destination. I imagine the decision is based laregely on being able to spend his last year in the country in and around London rather than Leicester. Its a shame as to my knowledge nobody else in the premier league was willing to show any faith in Cambiasso last season apart from LCFC. Not much loyalty shown here but little is expected these days. Doesn't negate what he gave us last year but I hope he gets pelters from us this season.

Exactly, we gave him the chance he wanted and if he goes to a direct rival then don't expect a reach around when you come back with your new club.

At the end of the day he played for us for 1 season, I loved the bloke and genuinely will never forget watching him, but he's let us down massively if this is true, and I'll be backing our boys the upstage him rather than giving him a lovely warm welcome.

Article is unusually interesting & intelligent insight.

We'll never know if Cambiasso would have stayed with Pearson as manager and had more confidence about playing in a formation that suited his game.

What I do know is that the issue is well and truly dead and we should forget him (West Ham are not likely to feature as relegation rivals anyway - far worse if he had been considering joining Villa) and trust that the club understands that they need to push the boat out to invent a new midfield section. They're are not going to be able to find a like for like replacement of his quality but there are other midfielders with different strengths

I've just heard from a colleague that there are rumours that Cambiasso had a medical and was poised to sign for West Ham today but is now reconsidering as West Ham have signed another midfielder today.

Manuel Lanzini - Argentinian midfielder on loan for full season with option to buy at the end of the loan term.

Well if he faffs and farts around for much longer he could end up with no club at all.

My colleague was talking to a customer about it, a west ham fan who checks on a West Ham forum. Apparently Cambiasso was not happy about being made to wait while officials were dealing with Lanzini (Photos Etc) and left.

My colleague was talking to a customer about it, a west ham fan who checks on a West Ham forum. Apparently Cambiasso was not happy about being made to wait while officials were dealing with Lanzini (Photos Etc) and left.
Didn't imagine him as such a primadonna.

Didn't imagine him as such a primadonna.

When he signed here he said how Leicester only wanted him and nobody else and that helped him decide to come here, nobody likes to feel second choice.

Of course it could be made up, or people are drawing wrong conclusions, i just thought it was interesting as there were suggestions on here that he was at at West Ham today.

I guess the problem with him signing here for one season would be what could he achieve that would better last season?

A mid table finish although very good in terms of our situation is not as impressive an achievement as helping 'the great escape'.

So, a third term to try and qualify for Europr?

Exactly, we gave him the chance he wanted and if he goes to a direct rival then don't expect a reach around when you come back with your new club.

At the end of the day he played for us for 1 season, I loved the bloke and genuinely will never forget watching him, but he's let us down massively if this is true, and I'll be backing our boys the upstage him rather than giving him a lovely warm welcome.

Let us down massively? He signed for one season, performed heroics, and has not re-signed. That's his prerogative. He hasn't done a Sterling.

There may also be a chance that he wanted two years last year and we decided to only give one due to his age. No one knows.

Let us down massively? He signed for one season, performed heroics, and has not re-signed. That's his prerogative. He hasn't done a Sterling.

There may also be a chance that he wanted two years last year and we decided to only give one due to his age. No one knows.
I thought it was common knowledge that he just wanted a one-year contract(?)

R

Read it again, IF he signs for West Ham.

Considering we were the only people willing to give him his chance, for him to **** off to a rival after having a good campaign would be letting us down, especially how we still want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669