Cambiasso to stay another year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't care whether he signs for us or not?

We need two better quality midfielders than him regardless.

Are you having a laugh?! We need a quality new midfielder - but you're dreaming if you think we can get someone better than Cambypants!

I guess I am the only one then.

I can't name them and I don't know their transfer fees but we have a scouting network to do that so me not knowing is no hindrance.

I dont believe that we can't attract equal or better quality than a 35 year old Cambiasso at a price we are willing to pay.

I guess I am the only one then.

I can't name them and I don't know their transfer fees but we have a scouting network to do that so me not knowing is no hindrance.

I dont believe that we can't attract equal or better quality than a 35 year old Cambiasso at a price we are willing to pay.

Cambiasso was one of the top 5 midfielders in the top flight last season, his energy boundless and his passing sublime. I really struggle with the concept that we need anyone "better" than him - I'd settle for two Cambiassos. Three if they're available.

Maybe if we had asked nicely then Schneiderlin might have to come to us instead of Manure?

Or maybe if we had got Ranieri and Cambiasso in earlier, then Schneiderlin might have considered us a more attractive club to play for?

Maybe if we had asked nicely then Schneiderlin might have to come to us instead of Manure?

Or maybe if we had got Ranieri and Cambiasso in earlier, then Schneiderlin might have considered us a more attractive club to play for?

No I don't think he would have Mike.

OK. So you want our Scouting Team to find someone who is not as good as Schneiderlin, so might be attracted to Leicester, but is better than Cambiasso?

That is probably quite a small pool of players. It also makes the assumption that Schneiderlin is actually a BETTER player than Cambiasso.

OK. So you want our Scouting Team to find someone who is not as good as Schneiderlin, so might be attracted to Leicester, but is better than Cambiasso?

That is probably quite a small pool of players. It also makes the assumption that Schneiderlin is actually a BETTER player than Cambiasso.

I never said that Schneiderlin was better (or not) than Cambiasso. I'd personally rather sign Schneiderlin on a multi-year contract over Cambiasso on a one-year deal. I never mentioned Schneiderlin. I just agreed with you that he under no circumstances would choose us over United.

I'm calling post of the year award on this one.

Thanks, I guess :)

If we'd tried harder to get Klopp I reckon Schweinsteiger would have come here.

If we'd tried harder to get Klopp I reckon Schweinsteiger would have come here.

Tried harder? There is only a certain amount of times you can ask someone who probably said he's not interested. Also Cambiasso is better than Schweinsteiger and I'm not sure which player londonfox was watching last year.

I worry about James coming back to his best but he has fought off long-term injuries before. I would like to think that we have a midfielder lined up but Cambiasso is still the cornerstone for success next year. In my opinion.

Tried harder? There is only a certain amount of times you can ask someone who probably said he's not interested. Also Cambiasso is better than Schweinsteiger and I'm not sure which player londonfox was watching last year.

Whoosh.

But for what its worth I agree that we would seriously struggle to improve on Cambiasso. Even silly money wouldn't guarantee an equally good replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669