Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Or maybe Nige just thought he didn't need a dodgy right-back on the bench :102:

Well, whatever we think about it, I don`t think any of us on this forum are qualified enough to question NP`s decisions..... and his triple substitution resulted in a valuable goal and point:038:

It's was great that NP gave DJ a chance but as usual he let him down. lost the ball, didn't chase back,just stood where he couldn't get involved. For a change I think BG was actually quite generous in his comments.

If D.J comes off the bench against Derby and scores, would you cheer?

What ever has happened in the past has happened,if Nigel is willing to give him a chance then so should we.

Now if you were talking about Lee Hughes, well then thats different...how he is playing now after what he did is beyond belief.

It's was great that NP gave DJ a chance but as usual he let him down. lost the ball, didn't chase back,just stood where he couldn't get involved. For a change I think BG was actually quite generous in his comments.

Were you asleep or something? Apart from that cross he somehow put into the side netting, he didn't do a great deal wrong. He got into good places when he could, didn't have much time with this 'good one-on-one chance' people have mentioned, won a couple of free kicks. He just looked like a player who hasn't played much first team football. It was an acceptable performance, no more, no less.

My hope with this situation is that the club hasn't 'lost'. In other words, that Headless has been made to jump through hoops and understand what a privileged position he's actually in. Nige strikes me as the sort of gaffer who would do just that.

I'm still not convinced he's a Football League standard player though.

I trust pearsons judgement and if that means campbell plays and scores goals for us then so be it. It makes more sense for him to be contributing to the team rather than sitting in the reserves and picking up his large pay packet, especially at a time when we have needed a different option up front.

mmm.....I'm sure you would have to hold yourself back. I would jump for joy and be bloody delighted.

You really don't know me, and I would give up trying to assume what I would do.

"When DJ Campbell goes to Leicester for £2million – and he’s only played in Birmingham City’s reserves and Brentford’s first team – it’s absolute madness."

The words of Ian Holloway, then manager of Plymouth in August 2007, when he was asked about spiralling transfer fees.

"When DJ Campbell goes to Leicester for £2million – and he’s only played in Birmingham City’s reserves and Brentford’s first team – it’s absolute madness."

The words of Ian Holloway, then manager of Plymouth in August 2007, when he was asked about spiralling transfer fees.

How funny. And how much would he like him now?

A typical marketing ploy, designed to depreciate the market value of the player, prior to making a move for him.

What does Holloway know except how to be a media whore? :102:

If D.J comes off the bench against Derby and scores, would you cheer?

What ever has happened in the past has happened,if Nigel is willing to give him a chance then so should we.

Now if you were talking about Lee Hughes, well then thats different...how he is playing now after what he did is beyond belief.

I would cheer... Not a particular fan of DJ at the mo but if he proves himself then that could change too. Why not? - I'm a Leicester fan and would therefore celebrate any goal!

Agree - with your comments re Pearson as well.

He was near enough ever present for Birmingham before he was sold to Leicester,shows how much Hollowhead knows!

especially at a time when we have needed a different option up front.

Your right, the different option was a lazy, talentless prick who had openly stated he never wanted to play for the club again.

That is one different option I bet all teams wished they had, hence the massive amount of bidders in the pre season.

The fact that this absolute **** of a player was given the nod over a hungry young player like Adams sends out entirely the wrong message to me. I bet Adams is totally baffled at what he has to do to get a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670