Can anyone help?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olip6

This is arguably the most depressing thread i've ever started and if it gets shit down, i won't be either surprised or offended. However, for one of my A2 Media exams i'm researching about "Women in Film" and my topic is "Why aren't there many strong female role-model actresses in films, with reference to Laura Mulvey".

Can anyone help me on this pathetic topic??:bang:

This is arguably the most depressing thread i've ever started and if it gets shit down, i won't be either surprised or offended. However, for one of my A2 Media exams i'm researching about "Women in Film" and my topic is "Why aren't there many strong female role-model actresses in films, with reference to Laura Mulvey".

Sounds like a question set by some completely sad feminist loon to me, mate

Just draw a big cock on the paper in crayon

I think it's all linked to the Downloading discussion in the other thread.

POWER

Sex sells films

Women are the sexual objects of men (at least to a majority of the male population)

Intelligent sex is certainly frivolous and possibly an oxymoron

Male domination will not allow strong female role models

Glen close is an exception (to several of the ideas above).

Now i'll go and look up "Laura Mulvey" and maybe write something helpful later.

Answer:

"There are no strong female role models in movies because today looks are important, and no young girl wants to be associated with this battered old feminist hag."

Include the following picture and you are done

mulveygaze.jpg

I think it particularly telling that all her films were co-written and co-directed with men.

And I've never heard of any of them.

I think it particularly telling that all her films were co-written and co-directed with men.

And I've never heard of any of them.

So she didn't direct "Debbie Does Dallas" then ??

I must be thinking of someone else

You mean women like Hattie Jacques ?

Laura Mulvery - Male Gaze right?

Its quite an interesting topic - and you could certainly go into channels such as the appeal of young women - size zero and the fixation amongst young women to look good?

Also actresses like Julie Dench are in short supply - try naming 40+ year old male Hollywood actors and then try getting the same number for 40+ year old female Hollywood actresses. You could then reason your findings with this idea of being young, size zero etc. etc.

You could maybe say that females are not meant to be 'strong' in film, just merely something to drool over or aspire to whilst the 'hero' male character saves the day and kills the bad guys.

As mentioned earlier, sex sells and its not going to help film producers nor collosal companies such as L'Oreal to sell their films/products if there are many 40+ and 50+ actresses on screen, or 'strong' female characters who are not there for their sexual appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669