Can we do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Elsby said:
lcfcrules said:
Lboro fox said:
Only 12 points from the top of a league which contains lots of inconsistent teams, we really can win this league. :D

dead right! looking around, i think we can give anyone a game.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
But there are certainly signs that we are turning the draw habit into a winning one.

We are also giving ourselves the chance of a bit of luck, like the own goal today.

Point is, if the ball is in their penalty area, instead of ours, then any mistake is likely to be to our benefit instead of our cost.

I stress again. Realistically, we've given so many points away early season that, even if we maintain our improvement, we are relying so much on others imploding that a top two place remains unlikely.

But if it happens, or we win a play-off place which is a more reasonable target, we should never be afraid of going up.

Good tactics can take you a long way in sport, football included, as MON proved. That applies as well in the Premiership as anywhere else. City have got to show they have as much ambition as their manager cos I for one have every faith in his ability at any level.

Like I said when he came. I just hope he has the personal staying power to take us places we've never been - instead of waltzing off to the footballing glitteratti where, I might caution him, it has all been done before.

Doing a Clough and getting us into those circles ... now that really would be an achievement that would make the man a true football legend.

And I just hope that we're not going to land CL with unrealistic expectations.

As a few of us said - for a long time -well before the masses turned him on him - MA had not got a clue. This guy looks like a shrewd professional.
However, we have yet to beat any decent side this season; our strikers are woeful & there is lots to be sorted out - but I understand the argument that its best to get promoted because there is good money even for a an instant relegation.

alex said:
webmaster said:
I think we can finish in the top two.

For the record, the first time I have disagreed with you. I fear Ipswich, Sunderland and West Ham may have secured those, although it is a possibility I agree.

Play-offs I think are a cert and once we're in, well, then it's a lottery!

I fancy us to meet West Ham in the play-off Final in Cardiff and Connolly grab a brace!!!!

I hope so - I've got a bet on with two friends - forest and West Ham supporters, whoever finishes higher the other two have to pay for a night in the local titty bar.

Not too worried by Forest mind!

I can see the wheels coming off Reading big time they are rubbish. There is nobody in this league we couldn't beat, we are not playing particularly well at the minute though so I could see us finishing in any position from 1 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669