Card Watch, 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Neilson
Suspended from the games against Swansea (h) and Macclesfield (a) under Scottish Football Association's 'totting-up' regulations - suspension carried forward from last season

Brown - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Wellens - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Powell - 1 YELLOW
Macclesfield (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Neilson
Suspended from the games against Swansea (h) and Macclesfield (a) under Scottish Football Association's 'totting-up' regulations - suspension carried forward from last season

Wellens - 2 YELLOW
Swansea (h), Ipswich (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Brown - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h)

Powell - 1 YELLOW
Macclesfield (a)

Howard - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Waghorn - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a) - delaying the restart of play

Weale - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a) - delaying the restart of play

It strikes me that it is far too early in the season to have had 7 bookings and that we will suffer because of it. If Richie Wellens carries on at the same rate, he will have served his first suspension before the middle of September.

dpjfox

I think Wellens will be a vital member of our team and therefore his rate of bookings is a concern

Cate Fox

Wellens - 2 YELLOW
Swansea (h), Ipswich (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

It strikes me that it is far too early in the season to have had 7 bookings and that we will suffer because of it. If Richie Wellens carries on at the same rate, he will have served his first suspension before the middle of September.

Almost like having Walsh back in the team :icon_lol:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
It strikes me that it is far too early in the season to have had 7 bookings ...

It seems that Nigel Pearson agrees with me. From the Leicester Mercury:

Nigel Pearson will have to put a lid on Leicester City's indiscipline ahead of tonight's Championship clash at Sheffield United (7.45).

City have collected six cautions in their opening two league games and the City boss admitted: "I don't like it when we get needless bookings."

Rest of the story at: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/sport/Cut-bookings-demands-Leicester-City-boss-Nigel-Pearson/article-1258804-detail/article.html

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Neilson

Wellens - 3 YELLOW
wellens.JPG
Swansea (h), Ipswich (a). Sheffield Utd (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

Brown - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h)

Powell - 1 YELLOW
Macclesfield (a)

Howard - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Waghorn - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Weale - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Fryatt - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a) - delaying the restart of play

Oakley - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a) - unsporting behaviour (foul)

At this stage last season we'd seen four yellow cards. Richie Wellens stays on track for a September suspension.

Last edited:

dpjfox

With 2 games before the Newcastle game Wellens could be suspended in August!, together with our injuries, id expect some movement in the loan market to cover these concerns

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
With 2 games before the Newcastle game Wellens could be suspended in August!

No. The earliest he could get a 5th booking would be in the Preston game. Suspensions for 5 bookings commence on the 7th day after the 5th booking - he would therefore remain available to play against Newcastle and be suspended in September.

dpjfox

IfWellens gets booked again on Saturday i would rest him for the PNE game (cool him off!)

IfWellens gets booked again on Saturday i would rest him for the PNE game (cool him off!)

Yeah good move that. That will teach him to be the stand out player in the first 3 games of the season eh! Bloody commitment - Who needs it!

escos66

So let me get this right to stop a player getting suspended and missing one game you would...............................make him miss one game?!
Genius!!!

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Wellens is a very good player but I can't believe how many yellow cards he gets, he needs to try and cut out the yellow cards because we will miss him if he gets suspended.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Neilson

Wellens - 3 YELLOW
Swansea (h), Ipswich (a). Sheffield Utd (a)

Brown - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h)

Powell - 1 YELLOW
Macclesfield (a)

Howard - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Waghorn - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Weale - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Fryatt - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a)

Oakley - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a)

No bookings at all in the Barnsley match - but was there as much fire in our game?

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Neilson

Wellens - 3 YELLOW
Swansea (h), Ipswich (a). Sheffield Utd (a)

Brown - 1 YELLOW
Swansea (h)

Powell - 1 YELLOW
Macclesfield (a)

Howard - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Waghorn - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Weale - 1 YELLOW
Ipswich (a)

Fryatt - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a)

Oakley - 1 YELLOW
Sheffield Utd (a)

No bookings at all in the Barnsley match - but was there as much fire in our game?

Only the load crappy bit after the goal was scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669