Post Match Cardiff 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bamba was shite, Mills awesome

Peltier looked good

the rest...meh

I think Vassell also put in a decent shift this afternoon. But, as has been said, we were toothless in the final third. The addition of Johnson did aid us to move the ball a bit better. Good omens to be taken, rather than bad...

Peltier looked good

From the matches that I have seen this season, Peltier has really impressed me. Defends well, quick to get forward and good in the air. Was unlucky to have the goal against Brighton disallowed, but I still think that he will end the season with a good number of assists and goals.

Bamba was certainly NOT shite........... The worst contributor was Wellens...... If Beckford wants to get more of the ball he should line up in our back four. Vassell looking sharp...... I know its harsh but I want more from Johnson. On another day at least 2 of those 'chances' would have gone in..... A point at Middlesborough and bring on the Sheep !

Unfortunately Sven is only allowed to bring on players who are on the bench.

Thanks Jeff - i tuned in late and didn't see the subs line up. Anyway, I never let the facts get in the way of a good story! :icon_cool

I know you really hate Howard, but he really was effective against them on Wednesday.

Their centre backs had too much of an easy time against beckford & vassel heading away the long balls

I know Sven likes the finess of passing it into goal, but sometimes you have to take the British Battering Ram approach to create some chances in the box. We were great until we got to the edge of their box, then the play frustratingly stopped.

Run with the ball into the box, or boot it in to the head of the Brick Sh*t House #9.......

I think we saw the real Matt Mills today.

Mills did well today - putting his body on the line & blocking shots, and winning 95% of his headed duals against Kenny Miller

He's been panned after the big money summer move, but he's settling in and forming a good understanding with Sol B

Mills did well today - putting his body on the line & blocking shots, and winning 95% of his headed duals against Kenny Miller

He's been panned after the big money summer move, but he's settling in and forming a good understanding with Sol B

He didn't choose his transfer fee

I know I've said it before, but I really think that now we've tightened up a bit we need four attack minded players rather than three.

We're playing three holding midfielders (including two out of position) and we should only need to play two. Fernandes looks far more comfortable and effective in the middle and Abe floats in and out of the game. It doesn't work unless we really don't trust our full backs.

I'd play Fernandes and Abe as holding players with the players in front of them moving around more. Beckford is the finisher and shouldn't need to be holding the ball up much. Any three of Gallagher, King, Nugent, Vassell, Schlupp, Johnson, Danns would do.

Hopefully, we're evolving towards this sort of set up rather than the safety first style.

I know I've said it before, but I really think that now we've tightened up a bit we need four attack minded players rather than three.

We're playing three holding midfielders (including two out of position) and we should only need to play two. Fernandes looks far more comfortable and effective in the middle and Abe floats in and out of the game. It doesn't work unless we really don't trust our full backs.

I'd play Fernandes and Abe as holding players with the players in front of them moving around more. Beckford is the finisher and shouldn't need to be holding the ball up much. Any three of Gallagher, King, Nugent, Vassell, Schlupp, Johnson, Danns would do.

Hopefully, we're evolving towards this sort of set up rather than the safety first style.

Completely agree.

I really like Abe and Fernandes as players, but I believe that they are ineffective out on the wings (or on the outside of our diamond) and that they are part of the reason for the slow-paced build up play. It also means that Konch and Peltier resort ot kicking the ball long down the line a lot of the time, although Abe and Peltier look a lot happier together than Konch and Fernandes.

I'm not really sure who I would replace them with though as we definitely are lacking of wide players, and so the only solutions appear to be playing Johnson/Gallagher instead or amending our formation.

Matt Mills best game today. I thought the midfield was lacking, didn't create much for Vassell or Beckford, and at times, failed to support Peltier and Konchesky. As disappointing as it is not to have won, it was still a good point, and I am pleased with the clean sheet, especially as we looked like we could concede far too easily just a few weeks ago.

Some of our fans yet again proved to be brainless morons :icon_roll

I think the fact that Cardiff, at home, had such a negative defensive mentality didn't help us. We bossed the first half completely and didn't take our (admittedly few) chances that we had. I don't think that Vassell or Beckford had any kind of service all game. They only had a 20 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half, apart from that it was all one way traffic.

At times though I was worried because Peltier looked like our best attacking player, which doesn't say much for King, Beckford & Vassell etc.

Another clean sheet & had you offered me a point before play began I'd have took it with our appalling record in Wales. However, I have no doubt we should've had 3 points from the game.

Mills did well today ............... winning 95% of his headed duals against Kenny Miller
This post cannot be serious. Miller is a lazy arsed midget. Losing 5% of headers to him as a centre back is a disgrace.

For my money, today's game was like watching two giraffes slapping each other on the neck. Toothless.
Only one true quality player on the pitch today, Peter Whittingham.

Loan market here we come.
Rumour is Macheda. Ooh er.

This post cannot be serious. Miller is a lazy arsed midget. Losing 5% of headers to him as a centre back is a disgrace.

For my money, today's game was like watching two giraffes slapping each other on the neck. Toothless.
Only one true quality player on the pitch today, Peter Whittingham.

Loan market here we come.
Rumour is Macheda. Ooh er.

Wittingham was out of it first half. McNaughtin was far more dangerous for me. How old is he? His face looks about 25 but he's a silver fox

Just got home from a christening where I avoided the result and watched it on Sky+. Hardly worth the wait although we were solid enough. Wasn't pretty and the midfields cancelled each other out. As has been said though would have probably taken an away draw beforehand.

Thought Johnson looked good when he came on, in a more attacking role than weds night.

The useful thing about watching it on Sky+ is being able to fast forward a bit, but it really is astounding to find you can fast forward a whole minute just whilst a throw-in is being taken. Bring in real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669