Post Match Cardiff 0 Leicester 2

Excellent win and professional performance 2nd half.

Didn’t get out of 2nd gear, but neither did Cardiff. Shame not to get a few more goals as we deserved it.

- Mads was rarely tested but alert. Good passing.

- Hamza played well. Composed, a couple of good tackles and strong leader as captain tonight.

- Faes, back to CB and absolutely solid.

- Vestergaard had another excellent game.

- Justin scores a beauty, otherwise solid.

- KDH was relentless, scored a good goal.

- Winks is so ****ing classy.

- Ndidi had an decent match.

- Fatawu was first class, unlucky not to score a worldie, after hitting the post.

- Mavididi was relentless, a bit better finishing and he'd have scored a hattrick.

- Daka had a much better 2nd half than first.

- The defence was excellent.

- KDH, Ndidi and Winks are brilliant as a three.

- we probably need another striking option, and no doubt Kelechi will leave. Perhaps Vardy goes abroad, although i hope not.

- We've now hit 50 goals in 25 matches and conceded just 17. Brilliantly, they've come from all over the place.

- 62 points down, 28 or so to go.

- Potentially 8 points above Ipswich, 11 above Southampton, 17 ahead of Leeds.

- Bring on the Yorkshire Terriers. But perhaps with some rotation!!!

About as straightforward a win as we’ve had all season. Picked our moments to turn it on without needing to exert ourselves, pretty much ideal at this time of year on back to back long away trips.

Unlucky not to add a third trough Fatawu and one of Ndidi, Mavididi or Daka should have extended the lead. Never in doubt though.

A frankly obscene goal by Justin, crazy movement on the ball. He was good in general tonight as were KDH and Fatawu. Hamza improved in the second half, I think Maresca has managed him particularly well.

I thought his subs were not just weird but shite against Ipswich. Tonight they were almost non existent. Casadei then 10 minutes for Cannon. We keep saying it but I can only guess that Huddersfield will be the game we make 6 or 7 changes.

Onwards. Piece of utter piss in the end, been sat here with a beer and some peanuts after a bit of shit day so a very welcome stress free game!

A comfortable and well deserved victory.
Happy with another clean sheer (pizzas all round)?) but the 0-2 score line definitely flattered Cardiff.

If we hadn’t dropped points against Hull, Boro, Leeds, Sheff Weds and Ipswich I might have considered sticking a fiver on us going up.

Cardiff looked defeated from minute one.

Always in control, result never in doubt.

And didn’t even need to get out of first gear, so we didn’t bother.

About as straightforward a win as we’ve had all season. Picked our moments to turn it on without needing to exert ourselves, pretty much ideal at this time of year on back to back long away trips.

Unlucky not to add a third trough Fatawu and one of Ndidi, Mavididi or Daka should have extended the lead. Never in doubt though.

A frankly obscene goal by Justin, crazy movement on the ball. He was good in general tonight as were KDH and Fatawu. Hamza improved in the second half, I think Maresca has managed him particularly well.

I thought his subs were not just weird but shite against Ipswich. Tonight they were almost non existent. Casadei then 10 minutes for Cannon. We keep saying it but I can only guess that Huddersfield will be the game we make 6 or 7 changes.

Onwards. Piece of utter piss in the end, been sat here with a beer and some peanuts after a bit of shit day so a very welcome stress free game!
I am sorry you had a bad day. My dogs also had a bad day. We took them to the kennels because we are spending New Year in the Pyrenees and they refused to get out if the car.

There are 4-5 players that are streets ahead of this league.

KDH, Winks, Fatawu, Faes, Ndidi and Mavididi would be the best player on any other team in this league bar the ones that came down.

Interesting he didn’t make a lot of subs. He clearly felt we’ve been ****ing about too much at the end of games and wanted to see us finish a match off properly.

Pissing it:

8 points clear of second
11 points clear of third
25 points clear of seventh
41 points clear of relegation

Belting goal from Justin, nice reminder that he has that in the bag.

I think he will go strong again on Monday then we have some time off.

Will also be the last match before the AFCON contingent leave, so imagine they’ll all play.

I am sorry you had a bad day. My dogs also had a bad day. We took them to the kennels because we are spending New Year in the Pyrenees and they refused to get out if the car.
That seems like a very tenuous way of mentioning your trip to some fancy mountains :icon lol:

Ipswich made six changes tonight and drew 0-0 with QPR.

EM appears to think that he'll just roll out the same players until he can't any more.

As we continue to pull away from the rest, you can't really argue with it as a method. Especially when most performances are contained and the players simply don't look tired at the end.

Was sat in the Cardiff end and as others have said it was a walk in the park. Never really threatened us.

What was interesting was to hear some of the Cardiff fans response to how we played and their clear frustration from very early at how they just let us play (gerrintoem!), some of them even using the “boring” word, but also admiration at what we were doing. But we basically minute by minute closed out the game and the atmosphere in the ground. Which helped with the whole “fan in the wrong end” experience.

Oh and I’ve been to three games this season and seen two James Justin goals in person. That’s quite a record.

Ipswich made six changes tonight and drew 0-0 with QPR.

EM appears to think that he'll just roll out the same players until he can't any more.

As we continue to pull away from the rest, you can't really argue with it as a method. Especially when most performances are contained and the players simply don't look tired at the end.
Surely New Year game will see a lot of changes. Or give them one more run before a two week break and give them FA Cup week off.

I’m never usually one about banging on about rotation but right now there must be some very tired players.

Yep Leeds have lost again and Ipswich are a paper tiger. Really ****ed off they spawned a shit goal against us. Southampton are on a run having looked diabolical when we played them, they’ll take points off Ipswich and Leeds I’m sure.

That’s it really. We’re orbiting the ****ing league. Time to start shopping for a decent striker.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463