Cardiff 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just Blackpool though is it. It's Doncaster, Sheff Utd and Reading as well IMO. All likely to pick up more points than us over what's left of the season. So disappointed, if you'd asked me before the season if I'd be happy with mid table I'd probably have said yes but you've got to make the best of your opportunities while you have them. We have an opportunity now and are ****ing it right up...

Not really. SheffUtd are probably in worse form than us. Doncaster are inconstant as hell, they both have to make up about 7pts on us in 6 games, which is extremely unrealistic.

Reading and Blackpool still have a lot to make up on us and have much harder run ins. Also, Reading and Sheff Utd and Donny and Blackpool both have to play each other.

It's in our hands, comfortably.

Reading win their games in hand and they are 4 points on us. Unlikely they will continue their run all season though...

At least we gave them a roasting second half, let's hope we can carry that attitude to the Hawthorns.

Bollocks. Lack of depth in the squad being exposed.

Either that or complete tactical ineptitude to start two games running with two mediocre players that haven't been anywhere near the first team for absolutely yonks - and play them both completely out of position

Onwards and upwards :038:

Sometimes I feel like people actually like to see us lose just so they can have a good moan.

At least we gave them a roasting second half, let's hope we can carry that attitude to the Hawthorns.

But that's just bollocks, alex

It's no good turning up for one feckin' half - it's ninety sodding minutes

It's happening time and time again

Waghorn's 'goal' was very inconclusive on SSN.

Their sending off was horrendous - I'd have been happy if we'd done the same but you won't see many more blatant fouls as the last man.

Either that or complete tactical ineptitude to start two games running with two mediocre players that haven't been anywhere near the first team for absolutely yonks - and play them both completely out of position

Onwards and upwards :038:
I suspect there was little choice really with injuries and the ludicrous fixture pile up.

I am posting without seeing the game.

Criticism of the team selection seems to me wrong. There is an injury crisis in defence. Berner is injured and so is McGivern. Powell cannot be expected to play two matches running. As for Bruce he is rapidly becoming our "Sicknote". In this situation it would be likely that Neilson would get a game.
The only puzzle is the omission of Wayne Brown.

Leaving out a veteran like Oakley was always likely when games are coming so quickly and was no doubt one reason for bringing in Spearing.

With Dyer injured either Dany or Nicky Adams was the obvious choice to come in and it is clear that rightly or wrongly NP does not rate Adams.

When I heard that Cardiff had scored my reaction was "Oh no. Here we go again." Perhaps people who watched the match saw whether that was the teams attitude. Since the messup against Coventry I wonder whether the team is psychologically expecting to mess up.

As for NP bollocking the team I am never sure that this is the solution. All bollockings do is to put the receiver on the defensive. What is needed is for the players to understand where things went wrong and bollockings are counterproductive in that.

I do not think the WBA match is as vital as the QPR match. Playing QPR at home a good side should expect to win and the effects of losing or even drawing could be very damaging.
No doubt those fans who spent good money and travelled a long way have good reason to be angry. The anger needs to have gone by Easter Monday as we need to really get behind the side.

Waghorn's 'goal' was very inconclusive on SSN.

Their sending off was horrendous - I'd have been happy if we'd done the same but you won't see many more blatant fouls as the last man.
Gabor is my hero. Be missing against the Jacks but I'll take that tonight.

We have not played well for the full 90 minutes except against the trees

What about:

QPR (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Scunthorpe (H)
Newcastle (H)
Cardiff (H)
Doncaster (A)
Plymouth (H)
Sheff Weds (H)
Blackpool (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

Probably more, just off the top of me head.

Last edited:
What about:

QPR (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Scunthorpe (H)
Newcastle (H)
Cardiff (H)
Doncaster (A)
Plymouth (H)
Sheff Weds (H)
Blackpool (H)
Crystal Palace (A)

?

We were shit for 93 minutes:icon_lol:

I've been saying for a long time that the only fair thing to do in that situation is to award a penalty. Cardiff cheated and got away with it. If you've been denied a goalscoring opportunity because of blatant cheating, you should be given an opportunity to get the goal from the penalty spot. Cardiff having a player suspended for a game is no reward for Leicester.

We were shit for 93 minutes:icon_lol:

I disagree. We battered Plymouth all game and should've won 5-0 if it weren't for Plymouth's horrible gamesmanship. The last minute goal was a just dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669