Cardiff can foxtrot oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

Must confess though, I thought it was strange that he had played...

He was signed on a 28-day 'emergency loan' on 1st of Jan. As it was a Tuesday and a loan, the clearance time is changed to 3 hours before kick off and therefore in time with regulations.

We have since signed him as our player for whatever fee was agreed which therefore terminates the loan period and making it seem as if it was a one day loan.

Not really 'simples' so I can understand the confusion perhaps, but I believe that is how it is 'legal' from what I have read today.

Mawsley

I thought it was totally weird that he played.

Bert said he couldn't play and Bert is never wrong.

I no longer know what is true and what is fabricated bollocks.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Really? I haven't read this anywhere else.

Hazz, in another thread, pointed out that City have used this method on two previous occasions and suggested that it would be used again in this case.

Other clubs also fielded newly signed players on NYD.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Hazz, in another thread, pointed out that City have used this method on two previous occasions and suggested that it would be used again in this case.

Other clubs also fielded newly signed players on NYD.
So it was a guess based on a guess?

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Doesn't tell me anything I don't already know. It was reported at the time that he and Hayles had initially joined on loan. It hasn't been reported that that's the case this time so why jump to that conclusion? In fact, it's been specifically stated that he signed permanently Tuesday morning. He was, within the rules, eligible for the match more than three hours later.

FryattFox

Has no-one commented on how terribly shit the thread title is?

(Or are we not allowed to criticise anything anymore?)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Doesn't tell me anything I don't already know. It was reported at the time that he and Hayles had initially joined on loan. It hasn't been reported that that's the case this time so why jump to that conclusion? In fact, it's been specifically stated that he signed permanently Tuesday morning. He was, within the rules, eligible for the match more than three hours later.

But that's the point - he would not have been eligible, within the rules, if he had been signed permanently on Tuesday morning. Therefore the 'initially signing on loan' work-around can be presumed. Either that or he was ineligble.

Matt_B

But that's the point - he would not have been eligible, within the rules, if he had been signed permanently on Tuesday morning. Therefore the 'initially signing on loan' work-around can be presumed. Either that or he was ineligble.

Why does the 3 hours before rule, that you pointed out, not apply in this case

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Why does the 3 hours before rule, that you pointed out, not apply in this case

That's only for loans. Permanent signings have to be registered the day before, according to the published regs.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
That's only for loans. Permanent signings have to be registered the day before, according to the published regs.
I know it seems like a little thing, but I don't see why this would have been omitted from reports of the transfer.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I know it seems like a little thing, but I don't see why this would have been omitted from reports of the transfer.

Perhaps the club doesn't know that there are pedants watching their every move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669