Careful what you wish for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wished for something saucy and I got spanked repeatedly. I am still suffering now.

I wished for something saucy and I got spanked repeatedly. I am still suffering now.

That's what happens when you go for a cup of tea round at Cate's house

You're lucky you can still walk

Last edited:
Possibly he was feeling a bit intimidated by the proximity of very vocal Forest fans who could quite clearly be heard in the background. It sounds as if Alan Young was threatened after we equalised and called on the stewards to calm things down.

He's done exceptionally well to be commentating and presenting on BBC Radio Leicester at such an early point in his career, so I think he should be getting praise rather than criticism!

He's done exceptionally well to be commentating and presenting on BBC Radio Leicester at such an early point in his career, so I think he should be getting praise rather than criticism!

Good point that! Let's hope the poor bloke doesn't read this forum much any more!

I think he's a good presenter and conducted his interviews well.

I like Stringer's passion though, even if he does bumble on like an idiot at times. Alan Young annoys me, but I like Stringer's commentary for the most part.

Last edited:
If you can't take criticism you shouldn't be in such a public role.
I'm hoping he does read the posts and takes on board what people are commenting on.

As Strings isn't here tomorrow, hopefully 4-4-2/JB will commentate with a bit more enthusiasm.( i'll be at the game, so would appreciate after match views of his improvement).
As for JB's interviews etc,, there's no problem there ;).

Think some posters are getting defensive as he is a fellow TB poster. How quaint!

If you can't take criticism you shouldn't be in such a public role.
I'm hoping he does read the posts and takes on board what people are commenting on.

As Strings isn't here tomorrow, hopefully 4-4-2/JB will commentate with a bit more enthusiasm.( i'll be at the game, so would appreciate after match views of his improvement).
As for JB's interviews etc,, there's no problem there ;).

Think some posters are getting defensive as he is a fellow TB poster. How quaint!

I do agree that JB didn't do especially well on Wednesday. I'm sure he'll listen back and hear that for himself. From what I've heard of him, JB is a pretty good presenter but not a good commentator. They are two very distinct roles requiring different skills.

I actually have a healthy regard for IS as a commentator and find his partnership with AY perfectly good for local radio. I do wonder why he's been allowed to feck off mid season to run some race in Japan though. It's not as if he doesn't get plenty of time off out of season and between games.

Or maybe they recognise that he's a very young lad and he was put in a position on Wednesday night where he had to do a job he's relatively new to in a very hostile environment.

Listened to him on the 'boot room' tonight on RL. An improvement on Stringer's bollocks by about a million per cent, and his interviews with Pearson and others were excellent. Good presenter IMO.

Jason Bourne is an OK presenter. But he should NEVER commentate on another match again. I'd rather have Stringer any day of the week. Bring back Neville Foulger!!!

Last edited:
stringer is an ego maniac who puts down anyone who disagrees with him on the moan in in an unconvincing 'I can shout loudest' style and blocks educated folk like myself on twitter. Even if I did call him a nob.

stringer is an ego maniac who puts down anyone who disagrees with him on the moan in in an unconvincing 'I can shout loudest' style and blocks educated folk like myself on twitter. Even if I did call him a nob.
Maybe the nob remark made him think..... Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566