Carling Cup Final 2012 Taffs v Scousers

Status
Not open for further replies.
2zdu2x1.gif

e839du.gif

Really good match, I thought.

I wasn't sure who I wanted to win... until Cardiff scored their first and I cheered! Would've been nice to see the underdog win, even if they are Welsh.

The penalties were pretty awful!

Actually cheered when Cardiff scored their second.

Entertaining game.

Penalties, as mentioned, a lovely way to win, but horrible way to lose.

Penalties, as mentioned, a lovely way to win, but horrible way to lose.

I'm after changing my mind about penalty shoot outs. I used think they were an unfair way of deciding the outcome of such important games, but I do actually quite enjoy them.
Myself and a few of the lads came up with an alternative to penalty shoot outs one afternoon in the pub (it was actually *MY* idea, goddamnit, but we all chipped in on defining the rules, in fairness). It was a two vs two playoff, a keeper + one defender versus two strikers. I was too drunk in the end to remember what we eventually settled on what the rules were, but it did all seem to make perfect sense at the time. We nailed it.

I genuinely believe that had the FA been out drinking with us that afternoon, we would have watched something very different this afternoon.

A fairer solution would be for each team to take turns at hitting a member of the opposition in the face. The winning team would be the one with most standing. In the event of a tie they would repeat but all areas of the body would be open to blows.

This would appeal to everyone, and the latter would really appeal to people like Alex and Homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46