Cats, pigeons and Teacher's....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has our wage bill decreased by 4.5million since last season? De vries and joey werent that big earners.

No it,s not decreased by 4.5 million - and I think we're probably still paying much of MdV's wages. But you're not taking into account other players who were on the wage bill in the last financial year. The financial year ended in May, the following players were also on the club's books during that year: Stewart, Heath, Walker, Makin, Gillespie, Connolly, Canero, Wilcox, Dublin.

The shortfall is certainly nowhere near the 8 million you first suggested.

the following players were also on the club's books during that year: Stewart, Heath, Walker, Makin, Gillespie, Connolly, Canero, Wilcox, Dublin..

It's hard to believe we didn't get promoted, really.

Not much we didn't know, but...

Mandaric lowers Leicester valuation

Milan Mandaric has made a revised bid to take over Leicester City, the Coca-Cola Championship club, but it is a substantially lower offer than that made by the former Portsmouth owner earlier this month.

As The Times revealed ten days ago, Mandaric’s proposed £25 million buyout was on the brink of collapsing when the businessman became unhappy after seeing the results of his accountants’ examination of the club’s finances.

Financial and legal issues were raised during due diligence and, shortly before Christmas, Mandaric walked out of a meeting with Leicester officials. However, he has now returned with a reduced offer, which the Leicester board is considering.

Mandaric had received the backing of two former Leicester players — Gary Lineker, who owns 100,000 shares, and Emile Heskey, who has 50,000. Hammond Grange, a property management company, and Pukka Pies are the largest stakeholders. Leicester’s accounts value the shares at £6.3 million.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2520897,00.html

and as we already knew, he's not off to Wolves:

Talk in the City suggested that Milan Mandaric - who's Leicester City takeover appears to have hit a stumbling block - could be in line to take control of Wolves. Sir Jack Hayward however denied the reports.

"I like Milan and enjoy his company but he hasn't come back to us" Said Hayward.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s115/st109412.htm

Not much we didn't know, but...

and as we already knew, he's not off to Wolves:

Feck off or do a deal. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. im getting more pissed off woth this than anything. it seems our takeover has been far more difficult than any other clubs recently.

Feck off or do a deal. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. im getting more pissed off woth this than anything. it seems our takeover has been far more difficult than any other clubs recently.
We're doomed, soon we'll be playing on the great pitch in the sky.

I'm trying to forget about it all but I can't. I hate my fecking club

We couldn't really expect any accountant to take a rosy view of a club still immersed in the fall out from administration. Still less when the on the pitch results are generally poor and consequent current revenue and short term revenue adversely affected.

I have always been pessimistic about the outcome of the MM approach.

One might hope that the board/ shareholders would take the view that if they turn down the latest downsized proposals that they will only lose all their money as the club once again hits the buffers - during 2007/08?? - but it's asking a lot for them to sink their pride and sell off the club for a pittance (even tho' that is all its worth).

RL reporting that DD is still going on (as we knew, I think they said that just for those confused about the 'revised bid' bit of today's news) and that they still hope that MM will be in in time to offer some help in January.

From the Merc:

Crunch time

Milan Mandaric has submitted his revised terms to take over Leicester City just four days before the January transfer window opens.

The club's shareholders now have to decide whether to accept in principle the latest figures in a prolonged saga that appears to be going right down to the wire.

Mandaric's offer still amounts to £25million but the terms have been revised.

If Mandaric, below, is to be in a position to hand manager Robert Kelly funds in time for the opening of the transfer window on Monday, a decision will have to be made quickly.

After going through the books during a process of due diligence, Mandaric's advisors found a higher level of financial burden than they had been led to expect.

City insisted at the time that the deal was still on-going.

Mandaric has lost none of his enthusiasm for the takeover but wants it to happen as soon as possible so he can set about reviving City's fortunes.

Time, however, is of the essence and it is now down to the shareholders who, famously, gave Mandaric's first offer the green light six weeks ago.

The new terms are not the official bid, only the 'heads of agreement'. If the shareholders reject, or ask for more time to consider, then the process will be delayed even further.

Mandaric is totally committed to the deal, and City claim to be as well. Yet the way things are being dragged out does neither of them any good.

If Mandaric does become the new owner in time, then City can work in the transfer market.

If there is a delay, then the chance will be missed.

Thankfully, the picture is a bit clearer on the playing side where City have recovered from a bad run during which they took just one point from 18, and look poised to end a traumatic year in reasonably promising shape.

Kelly, as always, needs to concentrate on "the real world", as he calls it, and cannot afford to imagine what may, or may not, transpire in the next few days.

He said: "All we are thinking about is going to face Southampton on Saturday. That is all we can do.

"We have won our last two away games and will go there with no fears, but we do know they have a good home record and that it will be difficult.

"With so many games coming at us at this time, we are in reasonably good shape, with no major injury worries among the regular players. But that can soon change so we need as many of them as possible fit and ready."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...707531&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

MM really has them in his pocket.

From the Merc:

MM really has them in his pocket.

if they had not dithered so much, the picture might have been a stronger one for them. Liverpool had a deal signed sealed and delivered with those arabs before you could shout " wheres me hubcaps gone". We are a much smaller club and things should have been just as simple. Our board have shown very little of understanding of a takeover and tried to play it like a game and its turned round and farted on them

And he's played dirty when he's had to - he hasn't made the money he has by being nice.

exactly...... they should have expected tactics like that from him from the start. It shows again their inexperience in this type of dealing

Don't care what he's done etc etc just want someone owning the club who can put the money up for us to get some decent players and get in the Prem,under the current regime we are going nowhere but slowly downhill

Don't care what he's done etc etc just want someone owning the club who can put the money up for us to get some decent players and get in the Prem,under the current regime we are going nowhere but slowly downhill

spot on HF and I think thats the view of the majority of fans now. The current board is starting to piss them off now as more and more leaks to the surface........

exactly...... they should have expected tactics like that from him from the start. It shows again their inexperience in this type of dealing

TBF, I don't think many boards would have had experience of dealing with someone like MM. You have to hand it to him, he had the PR side of things stitched up from day one.

TBF, I don't think many boards would have had experience of dealing with someone like MM. You have to hand it to him, he had the PR side of things stitched up from day one.

Dont you stick up for them.......:018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670