Celtic Team News / Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the first signs tonight. Still early though. Sylla looked very good at times but it worries me if he will still do that when he doesnt have so much of a point to prove to his former team. Wes looked very good too until u know what. Looked like a ligament thing as he tried to get up and went straight back down.

The atmosphere surprised me tonight. In our block anyway. Not many there but some good singing. Think some may have tried to get the new player songs going but didnt really work. Was it anyone on here.

Paddy McCarthy still loooked one of our best players. Rab C is loking a bit dodgy on the back passes but reasonably ok.

The most worrying thing is that we had a lot of possession but struggled to score yet again.

I reckon what has been said on here by others, regaring needing a striker and a lb.

Tiatto was excellent and I reckon he just doesnt understand the word friendly but he was everywhere as usual.

IMO stearman didnt always look comfortable when going forward but maybe he isnt 100% fit.

Cant think of anything else at the mo to say so ill shut up!

DurhamFox said:
Nothing concerned me tonight Steven, back 4 were solid, midfield inventive, if anything we lacked pace up front with the 2 big men but I don't anticipate they will play together when the season starts.

I like the sound of that. :) :) :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_wink :icon_wink :023:

fcukcov said:
I liked the first signs tonight. Still early though. Sylla looked very good at times but it worries me if he will still do that when he doesnt have so much of a point to prove to his former team. Wes looked very good too until u know what. Looked like a ligament thing as he tried to get up and went straight back down.

The atmosphere surprised me tonight. In our block anyway. Not many there but some good singing. Think some may have tried to get the new player songs going but didnt really work. Was it anyone on here.

Paddy McCarthy still loooked one of our best players. Rab C is loking a bit dodgy on the back passes but reasonably ok.

The most worrying thing is that we had a lot of possession but struggled to score yet again.

I reckon what has been said on here by others, regaring needing a striker and a lb.

Tiatto was excellent and I reckon he just doesnt understand the word friendly but he was everywhere as usual.

IMO stearman didnt always look comfortable when going forward but maybe he isnt 100% fit.

Cant think of anything else at the mo to say so ill shut up!

You sound positive as well. ;)

Tiatto was excellent, as was Wes before he was scythed down. (St Johns Ambulance thought he might have a broken ankle - hope they are wrong). Momo Sylla looked wicked! Style and tricks, danced around Lennon and always a big smile on his face. He could be massive in this division. Our big front two never looked threatening. Dublin missed the penalty and about four headers, though credit to him for creating them. Back four looked fast and solid. Bit worried that Stearman is picking up some bad habits - too quick to pull a shirt or tap an ankle. We need strength and discipline at the back, not another Dabizas. Thought Rab Douglas looked good although he did not have a lot do. More importantly, he shouted at the back four and took control.

A good showing overall, but we desperately need a young fast striker to provide some competition for places

DurhamFox said:
I must be the only one who thought Tiatto was poor tonight.
i wouldnt say POOR. He was a bit too "all over the place" if u get what i mean. He was chasing the game a lot but when doesnt he? I think he will be a good captian aslong as he stays on the pitch.

fcukcov said:
i wouldnt say POOR. He was a bit too "all over the place" if u get what i mean. He was chasing the game a lot but when doesnt he? I think he will be a good captian aslong as he stays on the pitch.

I thought it was ame old Tiatto, carrying the ball and losing it 9 times out of 10. Usual headless chicken, we won't see him for the first 3 games due to suspension and if tonight was a competitve game he wouldn't have finished it.

Trouble is DF we are hardly spoilt for choice on the left,even with a new left back

highland fox said:
Trouble is DF we are hardly spoilt for choice on the left,even with a new left back

Not at all. Not suggesting he doesn't play merely he is the most overated player in the team :eek:

Maybe making him Captain doesn't help...again though who else could be Captain?

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Dublin is good as captain, but only as a centre back!

i dont think he will start that often so i thats prob why hes not captian. originally i thought that was why he had signed for another season.

webmaster said:
Unfortunately I'll be moving at the weekend. The good news is I won't be near DF.

Now shall I go to the match tonight?

Not got a ticket, couldn't decide whether to go.

coming over this way then Webbo. Anywhere nice in Hinckley? Just realised how wrong that was and on how many levels!

oh well im sure we will try to look after you!!

Petrov19 said:
Are you serious?

Hughes is pish, couldn't even get a game for the huns! :icon_lol:

Ha ha, unbiased response!!!! We gave you Lennon, a true great, perfect captain...I liked the look of Hughes when i saw him to be honest.

alex said:
Ha ha, unbiased response!!!! We gave you Lennon, a true great, perfect captain...I liked the look of Hughes when i saw him to be honest.

Yeah Lenny's been great for us but his legs are going. I still reckon he has one more season in him as long as he's played alongside an energetic player in the centre. The general concensous amongst Celtic fans is that Stan Petrov should be captain though. He's one of our only players of true class and he acts like captain on the pitch. Got kicked off the park tonight mind you.

I don't like rangers either but I have to say you are wrong about Hughes! He is a class act!!!:icon_cool

SilverFox said:
I don't like rangers either but I have to say you are wrong about Hughes! He is a class act!!!:icon_cool

Fair enough, he just always seemed very average when playing for them. Nothing against him really, he never seemed one of their most 'hunnish' players.

Wheres Stephen Pearson ? fancy giving him to us to make up for Wesolowski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669