Confirmed Transfer Cesare Casadei

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
A deal has been agreed for the loan of highly rated midfielder Cesare Casadei to Leicester City from Chelsea until the end of the 2023/24 season, subject to league approval.

An Italian youth international, the playmaker was a key member of the Italian Under-20 side that reached the final of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Argentina this summer, with his performances earning him the Golden Ball and the Golden Boot awards.

The talented 20-year-old, who has previous loan experience in the Championship, arrives in Leicestershire after a successful first three games of the season for the Foxes and will wear the no.7 shirt.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Cesare said: “I feel really good. I’m really happy to be here, I’m excited and I can’t wait to get started. Obviously, Leicester is a big team so I’m here to win and to do as well as possible to fight and to work hard for this team.”

Born in Ravenna, Italy, the central midfielder began his career with Inter Milan in 2018, spending four years progressing through the Nerazzurri’s youth system before penning a contract with Premier League outfit Chelsea in August 2022.

Casadei has represented Italy at various youth levels, from the Under-16s to the Under-21s, and heads to the East Midlands with a total 34 youth caps for his nation.

He now adds to City’s midfield ranks as Enzo Maresca’s side prepare for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture at home to Cardiff City (3pm BST kick-off).

Looks like one of the better signings along with Coady & Winks
I think Doyle and Mavididi so far look like very good signings too. And in his one game, I thought Hermansen did very well against Coventry.

Does this show Maresca doesn't have faith in Dewsbury-Hall or that he wants more squad depth? Or that Ndidi is leaving?

Does this show Maresca doesn't have faith in Dewsbury-Hall or that he wants more squad depth? Or that Ndidi is leaving?

I think it's clear that Dewsbury-Hall is first choice in the advanced left centre midfield role.

It seems as though Casadei fits the same role on the right side. This has been filled by Ndidi or Praet so far and neither are good enough at it. As they're both in the final year of their contract too, and on high wages, if we can sell them, we will.

I think it's clear that Dewsbury-Hall is first choice in the advanced left centre midfield role.

It seems as though Casadei fits the same role on the right side. This has been filled by Ndidi or Praet so far and neither are good enough at it. As they're both in the final year of their contract too, and on high wages, if we can sell them, we will.
Completely agree. Praet disposed N’didi as he was ineffective, then Praet had his customary and somewhat annual good 15 minutes in the second game.

He is due his next good 15 minutes sometime in 2024.

Completely agree. Praet disposed N’didi as he was ineffective, then Praet had his customary and somewhat annual good 15 minutes in the second game.

He is due his next good 15 minutes sometime in 2024.

I guess. You'd think a Belgian international who made a decent number of appearances in the teams that finished fifth in the Premier League would be incredible in the Championship.

I guess. You'd think a Belgian international who made a decent number of appearances in the teams that finished fifth in the Premier League would be incredible in the Championship.
Problem is playing at International and club level can and are mostly completely different beasts.

He slows the game down too much for my liking, is ponderous and always looks to offload the ball sideways.

We need dynamism alongside KDH and no one could accuse Praet of being that.

Praet is a bit of a nothing player really.

He's the footballer equivalent of Wolverhampton Wanderers

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464