Chambers Leaves for Donnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says he went on a free transfer on the bbc as well, I guess his wages must have been too high for Milan to try keeping him?

I don't recall James Chambers ever doing anything for us to justify missing him, other than occupying a position. Admittedly I did miss 3 or 4 home games last season.

I don't think he was ever given a run in the team in is proper position (Right Back).I think he would have been adequate for this League but it looks as though he wanted to go so what can you do ?

Maybe his contract included a rather large wage drop as a result of relegation.

Maybe his canny agent added a caveat to his contract entitling him to a free transfer to a higher division club if his wages were cut.

Fair enough all round to be honest. It's not as if he's ever been a first choice player anyway. Or ever likely to be.

Another one bites the dust from the sensational 12 signings from last summer. It's some achievement to manage a 12/12 failure rate on random signings. It's almost as if there was no football related reasons behind our recruitment policy last summer.

Well, if I owned a club I wouldn't sign anyone who had a relegation release clause in his contract and I'm glad all the tossers who had one have now exercised it and cleared off.

You can imagine a player's mentality last season - six games to go and relegation looking a possibility, also perhaps not entirely happy being at Leicester for whatever reason. He's got a clause in his contract so why should he give a toss? It's sheer madness for clubs to even contemplate signing a player on that basis.

I'd imagine the release clause is a good bargaining tool in having players agree to a wage cut if they are relegated....stay around for lower wages but you can feck off if anyone is interested

I don't recall James Chambers ever doing anything for us to justify missing him, other than occupying a position. Admittedly I did miss 3 or 4 home games last season.

he played central midfield for a few games for some fecking reason, i think that was when we put 8 defenders out in one game :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669