Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchalmers83

I think the lad looked really good this evening and just thought I'd start this thread because I said about him about a month ago and now BIG IAN is there and I think he has seen what I have seen of him Football manager 2008

So come on CITY bring on Saturday!!!:038::045:

I think the lad looked really good this evening and just thought I'd start this thread because I said about him about a month ago and now BIG IAN is there and I think he has seen what I have seen of him Football manager 2008

Is this a joke?

i'm going to be kind to the posters.....

chambers looked eager and yes i think he could be decent for us.

on terms of football manager i really think he could be the bollocks, leicester will win the league/champ league for 4 more seasons before i leave and become the scotland boss and win the world cup twice. i'll then get sacked for next to feck all and be richer than a nazi

The great thing about last nights game although we only drew was the young talent and raw energy on show. I was really chuffed to see the likes of Academy boys Weslowski, Sheehan, Mattock, King, Chambers and Stearman on the pitch. Laced with a bit of experience like Hulme, Kisnorbo, Fryatt etc we have what I believe is a squad other championship teams will begin to envy.

When you consider the likes of Max Gradel (on loan at Bournemouth and really doing well, they love him there), Levi Porter, Eric Odihambo, Ricky Sappleton, Billy Kee etc it goes to show that Jon Rudkin and Steve Beaglehole are having a massive and often unrecognised part to play in the progressive future of our club. The recruitment staff at the Academy level are second to none and there are even more talented kids on the way up from the young age groups. Coupled with the fact that we now have a manager who is able to galvanize this wide range of talented individuals and is not afraid to give the youngsters a go - the future really does look rosy despite the last 6 months of uncertainty and despair.

Did you see how animated Holloway was encouraging the supporters to get behind the team.........similar traits to MON..............Great to see.

The only way now is up........................

Last edited:
The great thing about last nights game although we only drew was the young talent and raw energy on show. I was really chuffed to see the likes of Academy boys Weslowski, Sheehan, Mattock, King, Chambers and Stearman on the pitch. Laced with a bit of experience like Hulme, Kisnorbo, Fryatt etc we have what I believe is a squad other championship teams will begin to envy.

When you consider the likes of Max Gradel (on loan at Bournemouth and really doing well, they love him there), Levi Porter, Eric Odihambo, Ricky Sappleton, Billy Kee etc it goes to show that Jon Rudkin and Steve Beaglehole are having a massive and often unrecognised part to play in the progressive future of our club. The recruitment staff at the Academy level are second to none and there are even more talented kids on the way up from the young age groups. Coupled with the fact that we now have a manager who is able to galvanize this wide range of talented individuals and is not afraid to give the youngsters a go - the future really does look rosy despite the last 6 months of uncertainty and despair.

Did you see how animated Holloway was encouraging the supporters to get behind the team.........similar traits to MON..............Great to see.

I think you say it all so, what I am about to add must be waffle.
Isn't it interesting how quickly the mood changes? Only a week ago, every message going on to this board was negative.
It is also strange that Megson, our Premiership manager in waiting could not see any hope at this club.

I thought exactly the same last night RN.

I was really chuffed to see the likes of Academy boys Weslowski, Sheehan, Mattock, King, Chambers and Stearman on the pitch
So was I, but they couldn't even beat a shit Cardiff team.

Not complaining at all as it was it was nice to see, but I'm certainly not yet excited.

Not complaining at all as it was it was nice to see, but I'm certainly not yet excited.

To be fair to them we did hit the post twice, have 2 cleared off the line and one almost turned into their own net. Rub of the green and all that. I'm more excited by the fact I came away having watched attacking football. I will be more excited when we start winning, but for now I am on the up part of the curve

I think you make a very good point and I believe the difference centres on the manager and his characteristics as a manager/motivator.

As we all know the MON days were full of passion, work, honesty and energy whilst remaining on a level that the football fan can relate to. Holloway possesses wimilar traits of emotional involvement and has a self belief similar to MON. Martin Allen and Gary Megson were very different and more complex characters. There is clearly now a real belief among the players that the right man is at the helm which will invigorate the players and fans alike.

I think you say it all so, what I am about to add must be waffle.
Isn't it interesting how quickly the mood changes? Only a week ago, every message going on to this board was negative.
It is also strange that Megson, our Premiership manager in waiting could not see any hope at this club.

I see your point but to be frank I came away feeling very positive even though we only drew I could not feel dissappointed. In reality we should have won comfortably as we had them penned back for long periods in the second half. With a reasonable rub of the green they would have been dead and buried - what would we have been saying then with all the younsters on show against seasoned pros like Hasselbaink etc.............I'm sure the top Premiership club scouts took note of our young starlets on Sky TV.

I see your point but to be frank I came away feeling very positive even though we only drew I could not feel dissappointed. In reality we should have won comfortably as we had them penned back for long periods in the second half. With a reasonable rub of the green they would have been dead and buried - what would we have been saying then with all the younsters on show against seasoned pros like Hasselbaink etc.............I'm sure the top Premiership club scouts took note of our young starlets on Sky TV.
Likewise, I also share your viewpoint, but with just a little less enthusiasm.

Maybe that's a personailty trait I've got :icon_bigg

I think Chambers made some intelligent passes and generally looked quite decent. As for King, I'm a huge Weslowski fan but I think when King replaced him he made Weslowski look like he had a poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669