Champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of anything to say. I'm not even sure that I can speak.

Car horns and lot's of shouting in Mountsorrel, just another Monday night I guess.

Thank you all on here. I love you all.
Thank you for being in the same place as me all season.

As I've posted elsewhere on Facebook, I'm drunk and full of tears and snot and smiles - I ****ing love this forum. I love the cynicism, the pedantry, the humour. We have seen such shit - and now we have something so special we'll never forget.

For everyone who is no longer here to share this with us, cheers.

image.jpeg

I am so proud and so happy to be able to ring my dad and share this moment.

My dad died at the end of October last year. This past few weeks I've often wondered what he would be saying to me if this moment ever came. He was always a Middlesbrough fan but he certainly had a soft spot for Leicester. Middlesbrough seem to have lost the momentum in their promotion push but it would be nice if they could get back in the Premier League - just for him..

I'm shicked.

I want to post something to describe how I feel, but I don't know the words

Over all of the unfathomable highs this season, I still cast my mind back to when I was 9 years old and Wycombe beat us in the cup. I was so ashamed to be a Leicester fan that I took my shirt off on the way back to the car and refused to talk to my dad for a week.

This is why we do it to ourselves, no other fans out there understand what we've put ourselves through. All of the crushing disappointments, humiliation and infinite miles to watch whoever happens to be playing in our beloved blue shirts that season. No one ever thought it could possibly come to this. Leicester City, the scrappy underdog, defying the moneyed, comfy football elite, looking the big boys in the eye and kicking them square in the bollocks.

I have never been so proud of who I am, to be a Leicester fan is truly a blessing.

My dad died at the end of October last year. This past few weeks I've often wondered what he would be saying to me if this moment ever came. He was always a Middlesbrough fan but he certainly had a soft spot for Leicester. Middlesbrough seem to have lost the momentum in their promotion push but it would be nice if they could get back in the Premier League - just for him..
I hope that they do do it for him.

Anyone who isn't in tears at what has happened tonight isn't human. What an amazing night. A night I thought I'd never see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566