Championship 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
More on point. I'd say our title win easily pisses over Forest's. The financial gulf between big and small clubs these days means it's getting harder and harder to compete against the top teams. Our plight this season just rubber stamps how impressive it was for a relatively small club like Leicester to take on the big boys with far bigger budgets and beat them all. Your European cup successes were more impressive of course but even then, back then there were a good number less games involved in the competition and you have the same thing where Europe's top clubs have that extra financial might these days. One title doesn't beat two titles and two European cups of course, but if you compare them on a one on one basis.. it easily eclipses either of Forest title wins just due to the financial disparity between the top clubs and the small clubs these days.

They're all in the past.

All that matters from a "banter" pov is who is doing better this season. That's the Mighty foxes.

I'm reluctant to ask Rich to let go of the past as I'd like to retain the option to withdraw into the cosy bubble of 2016 whenever the outside world seems too hostile
Actually he should just keep enjoying them. I know I will when I'm at the old people's home watching the recorded games from 2015/16 over and over again beleiving I actually see live games. I'll be sobbing with joy every day watching Andrea Bocelli sing Nessum Dorma at the KP and Wes lifting the trophy. Happy days are coming.

We're still in the Champions League and the FA cup, and are 16th in the Premier League. How's your season going?

Have some respect.

Notts Florist have won six Brian Clough trophies, two Bass Charity Vases and one Dallas Cup since those heady days when they won the European Cup.

The Cup they won through beating (last 16 to the final) - AEK Athens, Grasshoppers, Cologne and Malmo followed by Arges Pitesti (?), Dynamo Berlin (?), Ajax (yay heard of them) and Hamburg.

So my grandad told me anyway.

Reactions: FIF
I don't get the constant animosity towards Rich and indeed Brian Clough.

Cloughie was a fantastic manager who should have been given the opportunity to manage England but unfortunately the FA don't like forthright, opinionated intelligent managers.

The only reason I disliked Forest years ago was because I was jealous of their achievements.

Surely, after 30 years + have elapsed we can park this?

Derby however....and don't let me start laughing over Cov.

The only reason I disliked Forest years ago was because I was jealous of their achievements.

Yep, penis envy is all it is.

I actually don't mind Nottingham having worked there and still having friends there.

I've also worked in Derby but that wasn't a good experience, and don't get me started on Coventry.

Sheepshaggers also 3-0 down at home, resting all those players worked well

Ha. Stick that up your arse, sad Notts troll. You can almost see why he wants to be on this forum, basking in reflected East Midlands success. Almost.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-11%20at%2021.36.59.png

I don't get the constant animosity towards Rich and indeed Brian Clough.

Cloughie was a fantastic manager who should have been given the opportunity to manage England but unfortunately the FA don't like forthright, opinionated intelligent managers.

Surely, after 30 years + have elapsed we can park this?

Derby however....and don't let me start laughing over Cov.

It depends what your formative experiences as a City fan were I suppose. Personally, I couldn't give two shits about Coventry or Derby. Notts Forest though, I loathe with a passion and always have done. Ever since, as a kid, friends supported them instead of Leicester because they were winning and we weren't. I found such a betrayal psychologically disturbing then and I still do now.

There is no 'sense' in being a football supporter at all. It's all nonsensical if you want to be sniffy enough about it. However, if we allow ourselves to be human and feel emotive about stuff, despising a rival is a marvellous thing. I heartily recommend it. There is no depth that Notts Forest can sink to, that won't give me pleasure. It doesn't matter to me one bit whether it is reciprocated or felt by others.

As for Clough, I cannot abide the man. An utterly loathsome drunk who sometimes channelled his bitterness into genius but mostly just went round being abusive and appalling and getting away with it.

I have always liked Forest, they haven't won shit in my lifetime and the tin pot nature of the club and its fans has always caused great joy to me.

Long live Forest and endless hilarity as a result.

We're still in the Champions League and the FA cup, and are 16th in the Premier League. How's your season going?

Ours is pretty crap but only to be expected with the crackheads running the club.

Did you say 16th in the Prem?

It depends what your formative experiences as a City fan were I suppose. Personally, I couldn't give two shits about Coventry or Derby. Notts Forest though, I loathe with a passion and always have done. Ever since, as a kid, friends supported them instead of Leicester because they were winning and we weren't. I found such a betrayal psychologically disturbing then and I still do now.

There is no 'sense' in being a football supporter at all. It's all nonsensical if you want to be sniffy enough about it. However, if we allow ourselves to be human and feel emotive about stuff, despising a rival is a marvellous thing. I heartily recommend it. There is no depth that Notts Forest can sink to, that won't give me pleasure. It doesn't matter to me one bit whether it is reciprocated or felt by others.

As for Clough, I cannot abide the man. An utterly loathsome drunk who sometimes channelled his bitterness into genius but mostly just went round being abusive and appalling and getting away with it.
Must be awful when your animosity isn't reciprocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566