Change for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

What a relief to have a manager and coaching staff who seem able to pinpoint problems and change the pattern of play for the better.

I'd have loved to have heard the half-time team talk.
The effect was instant. Not that Levein will be totally happy. I imagine he will be working on closing games out at the training ground next week.

Getting rid of the panic and concentrating on retaining possession in the last minutes when in a winning position. Pass, move, someone support; pass, move, someone support. At least it was only the last few minutes we faltered against Plymouth, not 20 minutes or so like in the Micky Adams days.

Well done City. Well done the manager. We even had a few shining lights
in Gillespie, Nalis, Scowcroft, Stewart on what was a generally decent day for the players.

Suddenly the Walkers is not looking such a cushy number for the visitors.

highland fox

CL said afterwards that we did some 'crazy things' in the last 10 minutes.Listening in it seemed we couldn't keep hold of the ball,at one point Connolly shot from miles out when he could have ran the ball up the field.Talking of Connolly,I don't know what to make of him the only thing I could say is have we anyone better?.Besides all that..we won so lets make the most of it,a win at The Walkers on a Saturday..about as rare as a heatwave up here.

Country Fox

i cant think of anyone besides connolly to play with scowy - all our other strikers r similar - dublin, blake, benjiman all target men really. only other person i can think of is morris whose never been prolific (tho of course connollys demonstrating past records dont necessarily mean much when it comes to strikers)

lcfcrules

although i m running out of patience with connolly, deep down i still feel he will come good. just like i have almost thought that Gillespie would(which seems to be the case for the time being), hopefully, Connolly won't take quite as long as a season and a half before scoring goals.

bertfox

lcfcrules said:
although i m running out of patience with connolly, deep down i still feel he will come good. just like i have almost thought that Gillespie would(which seems to be the case for the time being), hopefully, Connolly won't take quite as long as a season and a half before scoring goals.

just to be picky gillespie aint scored for us yet (1st team) and connolly has scored twice, therefore he is scoring goals for us but not as regularly as everyone had hoped and expected, maybe because of the big expectation is why he aint scoring. i also think we should leave him on the bench for a game or two,bring him on as a supersub, and after realising tht he won't like it on the bench he wil start playing better and scoring more.... well there is hope

San

This is something i dont understand, Connolly cost £500,000 and has played virtually every game upfront. In contrast Dublin hasnt started as many games as Connolly and even the ones he has started some of them have been playing at the back. Yet Dublin gets the criticsm when he has scored more goals than Connolly and has cost half a million less.

Some may point out the criticsm was for attiutude and not jumping for headers, workrate etc. But at the end of the day i'd rather have a lazy striker/defender getting the goals than a tireless striker not getting anything...

Has Connolly been a flop or are we still to see his best?

Joe_Fox

Connolly is working hard though and has hit the post and bar about 50 times this season. He just needs a break (not his leg).

bertfox

Joe_Fox said:
Connolly is working hard though and has hit the post and bar about 50 times this season. He just needs a break (not his leg).
i think you will find that it is 49.

Joe_Fox

bertfox said:
Joe_Fox said:
i think you will find that it is 49.

Yeah, but technically he hit the bar after hitting the post/bar for the 49th time. Double Martini I heard. Rebel!

step

Connely did miss a couple of opertunities on saterday, actualy he did not miss them, he took so long pissing about trying to control the ball the defenders took the ball away.
Will he come good? I dont know. but he does work hard and though he aint scoring he does keep the defenders busy which can only help the others to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669