Changes to Fox Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Seems pretty reasonable from the club:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/230714-exciting-changes-to-201415-fox-travel-1777340.aspx?

Supporters using Fox Travel for the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season can now do so from as little as £10 per game for every league fixture as part of some exciting changes for the new campaign.

The Club has teamed up with Official Fox Travel partners The Stewart Group & Woods Coaches to help the Blue Army support their team up and down the country – a journey that will see them travel an incredible 4,440 miles this season.

And those committed supporters using Fox Travel will now benefit from subsidised travel for those away league trips in 2014/15, with seats on the first 10 Fox Travel coaches costing just £10 per game for EVERY league fixture.

This comes as part of the Club’s drive to provide it’s fantastic supporters with cost-effective travel to and from every Premier League game in 2014/15, regardless of the opposition.

After the first 10 coaches have been filled for each game, seats on the next set of coaches will be charged at a rate that will determined upon the distance.

Coaches depart from King Power Stadium prior to every away league fixture and the first places on Fox Travel coaches will go on sale on Friday 25 July for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday 23 August.

So with seats on the first 10 Fox Travel coaches for this game priced at just £10 each, supporters are urged to get in quick!

Seems great, I guess that's around 520 seats? Or are the coaches 70 seaters?

Somewhere around the 500 mark I would think. In the past I would guess we've taken on average about 12-15 coaches per away game. Those that travel regular on the coaches will no doubt be in the best priority position to secure match tickets so it's them who will benefit. I have no problem if they've used the service for years and are now being recognised in some way.

You're alive. Fancy replying to my private message?

The one you sent about a fortnight ago? I seem to remember that the reply was so complicated that I fell asleep while I was writing it.

Incredible. It's so tough being stuck in the middle of the country with relatively easy access to everywhere.

I was thinking the same myself. I would have to clock up almost 7,000 miles just for the home matches if I was still dfaft enough to get a season ticket.

Incredible. It's so tough being stuck in the middle of the country with relatively easy access to everywhere.
...unless you happen to rely on public transport, in which case you'd better not go to any evening away games.

...unless you happen to rely on public transport, in which case you'd better not go to any evening away games.

Wouldn't that apply wherever you lived?

More in some places than others. I used to be able to got to quite a few away midweek games by train when I lived in Leicester - particularly in the South, as the last train back from St Pancras was so late. If you're in Carlisle you can't get a train back from a night match at any English league ground unless you come back the next day. Can't get back from most by train after a Saturday match either.

Not necessarily. From what I can remember, if you live in certain cities you can get back there from most places without having to stay over. The fact that Leicester, bang in the middle of the country, isn't one of them is anomalous.

Of course, if the game is at Norwich or Yeovil, it doesn't matter where you live. You're ****ed.

More in some places than others. I used to be able to got to quite a few away midweek games by train when I lived in Leicester - particularly in the South, as the last train back from St Pancras was so late. If you're in Carlisle you can't get a train back from a night match at any English league ground unless you come back the next day. Can't get back from most by train after a Saturday match either.
Indeed. That must be a pain in the arse.

I've been to 3pm kick-offs and made it back to my own bed in Sweden comfortably before midnight. That was in London, though (QPR).

And not by train!!

Last edited:
I'd clock up more than 5,000 miles each way by attending just one match, which is the main reason I haven't seen City live for several years. The other reason being that I'm a plastic fan, innit.

I'd clock up more than 5,000 miles each way by attending just one match, which is the main reason I haven't seen City live for several years. The other reason being that I'm a plastic fan, innit.

Bet you're a fan of armchairs too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670