Channel 4 top 100 albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
According to channel 4 the best album ever is 'OK computer'.

Am I alone in thinking that it is nothing more than a f*cking dirge. :102:

An offensive noise is all I can think.

If I'm wrong please tell me why.

According to channel 4 the best album ever is 'OK computer'.

Am I alone in thinking that it is nothing more than a f*cking dirge. :102:

An offensive noise is all I can think.

If I'm wrong please tell me why.

Your opinion is wrong because I say so.

Your opinion is wrong because I say so.

I'll meet you in the carpark of the Briar Rose in 1/2 an hour, you can educate me on my musical ignorance.

I'm right though, it is a ****ing dirge.

Eh, this list was voted for by people who went on channel 4 website, seeing as channel 4 is often seen as thew student and teenager channel and the internet is used a lot more by males around that age, the votes are going to be skewed to that sector of the population, and seeing as Radiohead is about the most stereotypical middle-class student band out there... Well, you see where i'm goin'

I can't stand these shows? It's all opinions. i can't think of anything more boring than watching a 4 hour show on the godawful tastes of the mainstream British public. If you think that list was bad check out their Top 100 films list The ****ing Titanic was 9 places ahead of Fellini's masterpiece La Dolce Vita :081:

Oh, and btw, I like OK Computer a lot, but it's not even my favourite Radiohead album, Kid A is better IMO

Last edited:
I'll meet you in the carpark of the Briar Rose in 1/2 an hour, you can educate me on my musical ignorance.

I'm right though, it is a ****ing dirge.

I'm not going there again:icon_wink

This album is awsome, incredibly personal and deep set of perfectly crafted songs.
Sure, it is emotional, depressive, moody and unhappy - but still ****ing beautiful.

I urge you to give it a few more listens with an open mind - but of course this is all opinions and if you dont like it - you are simply missing out.. we all have different musical tastes.

Sure - I fall in the middle class student stereotype... but most people my age listen to the usual radio one shite..... I know it sounds and probably is very pretentious, but you really need to understand radiohead to enjoy it.

Listen again!

This album is awsome, incredibly personal and deep set of perfectly crafted songs.
Sure, it is emotional, depressive, moody and unhappy - but still ****ing beautiful.

I urge you to give it a few more listens with an open mind - but of course this is all opinions and if you dont like it - you are simply missing out.. we all have different musical tastes.

Sure - I fall in the middle class student stereotype... but most people my age listen to the usual radio one shite..... I know it sounds and probably is very pretentious, but you really need to understand radiohead to enjoy it.

Listen again!
He won't he listens to all that Reggae shit:102:

:018: Get back to your bagpipes! :icon_wink

:) Its just opinions isn't it CF:102: I don't like Bob Marley but I wouldn't say it was shite,its just not to my taste.When you get the likes of Girls Aloud etc etc then that is shite

:) Its just opinions isn't it CF:102: I don't like Bob Marley but I wouldn't say it was shite,its just not to my taste.When you get the likes of Girls Aloud etc etc then that is shite

And I thought you liked the sound of the underground :icon_wink

Tis true HF. It always amuses me when people say something is shite, because I've always believed that if you like it, then its great, but not everyone will agree with you. I used to get stick off my missus when we first met because there was a Sheena Easton track I absolutely loved, but I think if you like something then hang everyone elses opinion.

As for Radiohead, some tracks I love, but others leave me cold.

I think people only pretend to like Radiohead.

I don't like them what teeny tiny bit. But wouldn't stop others listening to them (blue mongies the lot of 'em)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669