Charlton Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beliall

Re: Charlton Pre-Match Thread

3-0 leicester. no probs.

Well Megson has posted his first team sheet by now. No excuses from this point on. MM has his Manager and Megson can choose the team and tactics. :icon_wink

:eek: Cort & Fryup up front.
you look surprised.fryatt deserves a start and cort may feed off him.
fryatt becomes the target man, takes the pressure off cort and allow him to do is thing (whatever that is)

you look surprised.fryatt deserves a start and cort may feed off him.
fryatt becomes the target man, takes the pressure off cort and allow him to do is thing (whatever that is)

cort has never done his thing for us and i don't think he ever will:icon_cry:

MDV has been the better of two evils and i would start him

Callum D has scored again for Preston!!! take that Folwer and Hasslebank

From the Charlton OS. :icon_conf

Alan Pardew has named an unchanged side for Saturday's visit of Leicester City.

After the midweek 2-0 win against Norwich City, skipper and now top scorer Andy Reid will lead the Addicks as they look for a fourth successive home win.

Boyhood Leicester fan Luke Varney keeps his place up front after his lively full debut in midweek and Lloyd Sam, who dazzled on the right wing against the Canaries will look to further torment the visiting rearguard.

Svetoslav Todorov, with three goals in his last three games, returns on the bench after recovering from cramp.

He is joined in reserve by Izale McLeod who came on to such good effect in the week, winning two penalties in the last five minutes.

There is a familiar face on the visiting bench too courtesy of Radostin Kishishev, who made 200 appearances for the club before departing to the East Midlands in the summer.

The Foxes are unbeaten since an opening day defeat to Blackpool and they field Carl Cort and Matty Fryatt up front.

Charlton remain unbeaten on home territory this season and could jump to second in the table this afternoon with a positive result and back-to-back wins will be just what the doctor ordered as Pardew continues his pursuit of Premier League football.

Charlton: Weaver; Mills, Powell, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Zheng, Reid; Iwelumo, Varney.

Subs: Randolph, Sodje, Ambrose, Todorov, McLeod.

Leicester: Fulop; Chambers, Mattock, Kisnorbo, McAuley; Stearman, Sheehan, Clemence, Hume Fryatt, Cort.

Subs: Henderson, N'Gotty, Kishishev, De Vries, Campbell

Referee: S Tanner

Leicester:
Fulop;

Chambers
Kisnorbo
McAuley
Mattock

Hume
Stearman
Clemence
Sheehan

Fryatt
Cort

:102:

still no place for ferriara then not even on the bench:icon_conf

Chambers may play CM like he did on Tues. Stearman in for N'Gotty who i thought had a poor game by his standards against Forest.

Chambers may play CM like he did on Tues. Stearman in for N'Gotty who i thought had a poor game by his standards against Forest.

Ah, that's right. Sounds better, but still no Kaebi or Ferreira. A bit disappointed.
But I'm happy to see Fryatt gets a chance, hope he takes it.

Non of the 'new' players seem to be able to even make the bench.

Are we winning yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670