Cheeky Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleefox

Bruce slams 'silly' Leeds claims
Birmingham's Steve Bruce has branded as "nonsense" claims from Leeds that he wanted the recent game between the clubs postponed.
Leeds chairman Ken Bates has backed Dennis Wise in claiming Birmingham should only be allowed to field players who were available for the original fixture on January 13 when it is played on February 27.

Bates, in his programme notes for last Saturday's match with West Brom, claimed Blues were "foolish" to attempt to re-lay the St Andrews pitch ahead of the game with Leeds which was called off when deemed not fit to play on.

Birmingham had four injury doubts for the game in DJ Campbell, Cameron Jerome, Stephen Kelly and Nicklas Bendtner while Rahdi Jaidi was suspended.

Bates wrote: "Dennis Wise was justifiably miffed and noted that Steve Bruce had four players injured and one suspended.

"He argued that to preserve the integrity of the competition, only players available to play last Saturday should be available on the rearranged date. I think that there is merit in his argument."

But Bruce insisted: "I know for a fact that Leeds were hunting around on the Thursday before they were due to meet us for a goalkeeper because theirs had got injured.

"It would have been a great time to play them. With all respect to Leeds, we were going to take on a side in the bottom three.

"We wanted the game on but the pitch situation made it impossible. All this other stuff I've heard is nonsense.

"In any case Jerome and Campbell were fit to play in that game with Leeds. We also don't want a fixture pile up."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_1864476,00.html

Considering they played more loan players than they should have and got away with it, I think they have a bloody nerve.

Bates also said yesterday in the YEP that Leeds United could 'Die'.

Leeds United's finances remain on a knife-edge and continued losses would result in the death of the club, warns Elland Road chairman Ken Bates.

Writing in his programme notes on Saturday, Bates said: "Finance is the core of the problem at this club, and I will keep writing about it until some fans accept the facts of life, namely make a profit and Leeds can invest and grow, lose money and there will be no Leeds United.
"It is a stark, clear and simple option.

"Nobody has been more open and honest with the fans than me. You may not like what you read but it is the truth. I am often told that the City of Leeds needs and deserves a successful Premiership football club. Mostly hot air from people who do not put their money where their mouth is. When I hear the moans and groans, at the age of 75, it would be easy to say eff off to the lot of you and take the advice of some so-called fan to return to Monte Carlo."

Read the article here

a bloke who sits near us, without fail every match will stand up and shout "come on Leicester these are worse than Leeds!" everyweek without fail....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669