Post Match Chelsea 4 Leicester 2

Seems odd and unfair.
Vestergaard was suspended for accumulating 10 bookings which didn’t apply to the FA cup.
Now cards in the cup count towards the league?!

Yellow cards only count for the competition you get them in. This stops players deliberately getting a yellow card suspension for a game they wouldn't have played in anyway.

Red card suspensions count for all domestic competitions.

Even with ten men, we looked good until the third goal went in - and I think it's fair to point out that the vision for creating it was outstanding. Chasing them game led to the fourth, but until then we weren't down and out. Think we should be pleased with the performance and Enzo can take a lot of things away for next season (hopefully!)

Well no, that’s not how it works.

Chelsea have invested heavily in fast, physical, young players. They are inconsistent but capable of excellence. Madueke, as a perfect example. Not many premier league clubs have lads like that sitting on their bench. They are clearly a work in progress and will no doubt improve.

Their pace against our first choice backline made for a very poor matchup for us. Worth remembering Bournemouth are also in the premier league.

Oh i see thats ok then if we do go up and play like that every week Vesty will not be slow. Great news cheers 🍻

I thought we looked out of our depth defensively. On loads of occasions, two passes and Chelsea were in on us.

The shape just can't work with our players against decent opposition. All the defenders were poor. Vestergaard was inept.

We bossed the midfield where Dewsbury-Hall was outstanding. Fatawu was the forward that kept getting opportunities and he was awful. Once again when a big game comes around, he just lost his composure.

Chelsea looked disorganised and petrified but we didn't really have a go. 2-2 massively flattered us at the time.

Mavididi scored such a cracking goal. That's when we had an opportunity but we didn't push on.

EM left himself stuck at the end by making three single changes. I thought his game management was poor again. If you're out-thought by Poch, you know you've had a bad day.

I thought we looked out of our depth defensively. On loads of occasions, two passes and Chelsea were in on us.

The shape just can't work with our players against decent opposition. All the defenders were poor. Vestergaard was inept.

We bossed the midfield where Dewsbury-Hall was outstanding. Fatawu was the forward that kept getting opportunities and he was awful. Once again when a big game comes around, he just lost his composure.

Chelsea looked disorganised and petrified but we didn't really have a go. 2-2 massively flattered us at the time.

Mavididi scored such a cracking goal. That's when we had an opportunity but we didn't push on.

EM left himself stuck at the end by making three single changes. I thought his game management was poor again. If you're out-thought by Poch, you know you've had a bad day.
You didn't like the manager's tactics and thought we were both shit and lucky?

That's very unlike you....

:icon rolleyes:

Meanwhile, back in the league, we’re no longer top 🤬

In more positive news, hopefully Mavididi’s goal will get him out of his funk.

We add Ricky back to the team and Vardy and we will look shit hot again

In more positive news, hopefully Mavididi’s goal will get him out of his funk.

We add Ricky back to the team and Vardy and we will look shit hot again
I hope so Willow. Daka was woeful today.

I think we all thought that with Cannon, Daka, Nacho and Vardy we would have plenty up top.

Unfortunately there appears to be something amiss with Cannon, Nacho and Daka have both been Nacho and Daka leaving our entire attacking emphasis on someone who some say was finished before last season.

Vardy makes such a difference to our overall play, not just his runs but his lay offs, flicks and overall game intelligence.

Christ, I will mourn the day he is finished with us.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463