chelsea dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand both points, however I feel we should have something played over the PA because I think it persuades more city fans to celebrate which in turn boosts negative psychology toward the away fans and the opposing team.

What are you talking about ?

The whole stadium is on it's feet when we score, shouting, cheering and clapping (with relief more than anything)

They really don't need some godawful wankpiece song to show them how to jump up and down

But, really - until people stop 'doing the chelsea dagger dance' they won't stop playing it so we might as well live with it

Last edited:
In the minutes it says "The fans seem to be enjoying the goal celebrations and it was agreed not to change the present situation"

What a load of tosh this whole music thing is. It's something that has come over from the states where they play music because they have to tell the fans what to do! It doesn't add to the atmosphere, it doesn't add anything to the game and it doesn't improve my matchday experience. I find it totally moronic but it seems to be a disease that affects all clubs at all levels in all sports nowadays. I say send it back to the states along with the credit crunch!

Of course the fans enjoy the goal celebrations. We've just scored!

Who remembers in the 70s the name of the song we used to sing in pen3 after a goal? Was it the 1001 advert theme?

I think it's good that the club tells us when and how to celebrate. It saves us having to think for ourselves.

It also lets the little people in L1 know there has been a goal scored whilst they were sticking their fingers up at the away fans.

What are you talking about ?

The whole stadium is on it's feet when we score, shouting, cheering and clapping (with relief more than anything)

They really don't need some godawful wankpiece song to show them how to jump up and down

But, really - until people stop 'doing the chelsea dagger dance' they won't stop playing it so we might as well live with it

thats what I'm getting at, a stadium of fans doing a similar celebration like the silly 'arms in the air' dance along to music is, i feel, more effective, psychology wise, than just cheering and clapping.

sorry if I was'nt more specific!

thats what I'm getting at, a stadium of fans doing a similar celebration like the silly 'arms in the air' dance along to music is, i feel, more effective, psychology wise, than just cheering and clapping.

sorry if I was'nt more specific!

But that's just not true

Go to an away game, and see the impact that just a couple of thousand people have simply jumping up and down and cheering for a a minute or so - closely followed by rendition of "lestoh, lestoh" or "ee-i-ee-i-ee-i-o etc.". It's much more effective than some ridiculous bloody dance

I remember the very first time I saw a crowd do that at an away ground, and I just stood there and thought 'what a load of sad wankers'. I suspect the impact of our own tune is very similar

But it's pointless arguing about it, as the suits aren't prepared to listen so bollocks to it

Last edited:
Have you ever felt the Kop move when the Chelsea Dagger is played?

Against Cov last season, that was good. Only time I have felt like dancing along to it.

But that's just not true

Go to an away game, and see the impact that just a couple of thousand people have simply jumping up and down and cheering for a a minute or so - closely followed by rendition of "lestoh, lestoh" or "ee-i-ee-i-ee-i-o etc.". It's much more effective than some ridiculous bloody dance

It was superb at Leyton Orient to have no daft jazzed music when the teams came out. No silly music post-goals for both teams. I was also attempting to use Brisbane Rd's East Stand as a bouncy castle/climbing frame when Fryatt's goal went in.

What about something like Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the name of.

I dont see how replacing Chelsea Dagger with an even bigger steaming pile of musical shit is going to have a possitive effect.

fair point

incidentally, what would people think if, say Kasabian did write a proper 'blue army' anthem, type song, to be used at the ground?

Being city fans I'm suprised the club has'nt approached them with an idea.

And as long as it does'nt sound like 'world in motion' i'm fine with it

Last edited:
fair point

incidentally, what would people think if, say Kasabian did write a proper 'blue army' anthem, type song, to be used at the ground?

Being city fans I'm suprised the club has'nt approached them with an idea.

And as long as it does'nt sound like 'world in motion' i'm fine with it
They could play it as the team is coming out of the tunnel.

I hope Kasabian are also the first band to play at The Walkers Stadium, that'd be ace, sell out 4 sure.

This is what I love about regional pride, talent is irrelevant.

what would people think if, say Kasabian did write a proper 'blue army' anthem, type song, to be used at the ground?

Personally, I'd think they were an even bigger shower of ***** than I already do.

I'm suprised the club has'nt approached them with an idea.

Maybe they have and Kasabian told them to feck off

As long as we score I don't care if they play 'Puff the Magic Dragon'. And whatever anybody says about Chelsea Dagger, it does get wankers up and moving.

agreed it gets them up, I stand up and clap instead of the normal jumping about like a tit because it is shameful shite......next along the line is the bollocks flags running down the touchline that Bolton have got. never been a fan of any of that yank sport style shite

what about that Blue Army song back in the day of Brian Little. It could be edited for Nigel Pearson ...or not :) . Lyrics were something like;

We're going up, going up yeah
Brian Little's Blue Army,
The Blues, the blues, the blues are going up

cant remember any more, anyone remember it

I remember that song, had it on tape :icon_redf. Yeah it went something like that, would be funny to hear it again because it was obviously shite!

agreed it gets them up, I stand up and clap instead of the normal jumping about like a tit because it is shameful shite......next along the line is the bollocks flags running down the touchline that Bolton have got. never been a fan of any of that yank sport style shite

If they managed to get cheerleaders of the quality that some of the college games get I would be well up for it!

If they managed to get cheerleaders of the quality that some of the college games get I would be well up for it!

Yes, but girls that want to cheerlead over here tend to be slightly chubby charva girls with loose baccy in places it shouldn't be....foreign imports is essential for the game in that sense :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669