Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester, FA cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting knocked out would leave them with only one chance of silverware to salvage the season

Cheer the scummy feckers on to glory

Getting knocked out would leave them with only one chance of silverware to salvage the season

Before the match I wanted Chelsea to go through, for that reason.

But if they're in a position with a minute left tonight thinking they're going through, and then concede a late goal that knocks them out it could have a massive psychological effect, far worse than if they'd been knocked out after playing well and winning 1-0 on the night.

Lovely stuff

They'll stick the reserves out on Sunday, now

'tis all good

Before the match I wanted Chelsea to go through, for that reason.

But if they're in a position with a minute left tonight thinking they're going through, and then concede a late goal that knocks them out it could have a massive psychological effect, far worse than if they'd been knocked out after playing well and winning 1-0 on the night.

Had been thinking the same, but it could go either way.

They're through, but Terry and Luiz may have got injured.

Bring on Sunday!

Chelsea are such a vile team. Cheats, dirty money, scuzzy fanbase and worse players. It's rare we can take the moral high ground, so we should enjoy it and stuff the bastards.

Lovely stuff

They'll stick the reserves out on Sunday, now

'tis all good

Their only realistic chance of a trophy this season is the FA Cup so why would they put their reserves out in the Quarter Final? Maybe one or two will sit it out but that's about it.

And I'm expecting Torres to bag a couple against us. He's showed himself to be totally incapable of scoring for eons so surely it's a given that he takes us to the cleaners.

For a game like this, it is best to ensure that the glass is half empty. The last time I got excited about the FA Cup was Saturday 10th March 2001 and I won't do it again.

Personally I think them winning (after extra time) last night could be better for us, more reason to rest a couple of players. could be wrong tho, chances are he'll stick out an unchanged squad. I'll also stick a fiver on Drogba have a right strop at some point during the game.

Their only realistic chance of a trophy this season is the FA Cup so why would they put their reserves out in the Quarter Final? Maybe one or two will sit it out but that's about it.

Abramovich is only bothered about the Champions League

Their main focus of attention is about getting into fourth spot to qualify for the Champions League
Thankfully they now also have a Chance of progressing in this year's competition - we should all pray for a nice cushty draw so this becomes even more of a priority

The FA Cup is not important - I reckon 5/6 changes for Sunday, and my goodness do we need that to happen

Chelsea could rest their entire first team and still put out a team that is more than capable of giving us a right good hiding.

Chelsea could rest their entire first team and still put out a team that is more than capable of giving us a right good hiding.

Could they? They're wanting in cover for a fair few of areas of the team - especially defensively. They really don't have a lot of strength in depth, I'm not saying we'd cruise to victory over a Chelsea second team, but I don't think we'd necessarily get a right good hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669