Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester (FA Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Stamford Bridge. Last two times were eventful.

The last away day of the Fairytale Season, I had tickets in hospitality which was delightful. I got racially abused from the Chelsea punks in the stand nearby, learned that "Jesus was a Leicester fan" whilst dancing with a Christ impersonator who had travelled from Italy to dance with us all in the poshest part of London, and quite memorably, met Khun Vichai walking with his security after the match. I then proceeded to lift every pylon in the street, as if it were the Premier League trophy, on the walk back to my brother's house in West London.

The time before that was the Great Escape season the year before. Probably the worst view I've ever had, totally cut off, so as soon as the ball was in the air, I lost sight of it. Liam Moore had started in defence alongside Paul Konchesky, and Gary Taylor-Fletcher came on in the second half. We lost 2-0 but had an absolute blast, especially in the away pub near Earls Court Station. We got absolutely trollied and sang for hours. I'm pretty sure that was our first away match in the Premier League for a decade. We were just appreciative to be there.

Such joy. Such fond memories. In a League of their own as it happens. I try to detach that period of time and not make any comparison whatsoever to now, otherwise I'd just quit watching football. Nothing will beat that time. What it does offer is hope for the future. Cups are now more important to me than they ever were. I have a clear goal for where I'd like to see my Leicester team. Aiming for a Premier League return, watching exciting football, engulfed in the drama, having cup runs, winning cups, fighting for Europe, getting to Europe and winning the Europa League. Heartbreak, triumph and passion all rolled into one. I hope we do these lot or at least give it a real go. This is my first away day of the season. Whether we win or lose, I'm just happy to be there, spending quality time with my brothers and enjoying the occasion.

Chelsea have progressed from seven of their eight FA Cup ties against Leicester, though the exception was a 1-0 defeat in the most recent meeting in the 2021 final.

Yeah, had they won that one they'd have progressed really far.

Get on the blue mongie bus - an experience you’ll never forget

If we get past Chelsea, I suspect the draw will be arranged such as to give the two premier league clubs the greatest chance of getting to the final. After all, the FA will want to maximise their revenue and that doesn’t involve second tier clubs.

If we get past Chelsea, I suspect the draw will be arranged such as to give the two premier league clubs the greatest chance of getting to the final. After all, the FA will want to maximise their revenue and that doesn’t involve second tier clubs.
Two hot balls. Two cold balls. Sorted

Starting XI: Stolarczyk, Choudhury (c), Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle, Winks, Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Fatawu, Mavididi, Daka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363