Tunchev

Dickov
Oakley
King
Dyer

Fryatt
Howard

Henderson, Campbell, Wesolowski, Powell, Gradel

No Gradel is understandable as he got a knock the other week, still a good lokking side with goals in it imo, 4-0 city is my guess.

This Adams lad will be getting pissed off. Dickov is no winger, he didnt come good against Fulham untill he was put in his rightful place.

Seems to me we are looking for excuses to play him.

Bit suprised by the lineup. Powell and Gradel on the bench is suprising, but I guess Gradel might still not be 100% after his knock, and really we should be able to beat Cheltenham anyway... If we're not, then hopefully he can come on and make a similar impact as he did midweek

strange to see Martin is still in the team, then again he may actually be decent :102: would have liked to have seen gradel start the game to terrorise them from the start as we could be overrun in midfield before he gets on.

can't really question pearson's judgement so far.
dickov and tunchev out of position isn't ideal, but they are both experienced players and will do a job.
If after 55 mins we aren't winning then we have the pace on the bench to come on and impact.
only surprise for me is no adams in the squad. his time will come though if he kicks on in the reserves.
Pearson is taking care of the younger players so that they aren't out for long periods or ****ed by the middle of the season. good on him.

COME ON THE FOXES. GIve those 1,800 something to cheer about. What's the capacity at Whaddon Rd by the way?

Would have rather have seen Powell at LB given what others have said about Tunchev's performance there.

This is the first time I'm questioning Pearson's logic, so far the bloke has been outstanding.

However, the difference in Dickov when he went up front was remarkable. So I don't understand why he would start him on the wing when Adams is available.

Also Powell, he should be in above Tunchev IMO.

Oh well, let's wait and see the nett result.

Last edited:
also seems to me that Pearson has to play Hobbs and Martin in a certain % of games or risk losing them. I'm not sure it's in the plan to play Tunchev at left back after spending 800k on him as a centre back.
having said that. WE'RE GOING TO WIN!!!

This is the first time I'm questioning Pearson's logic, so far the bloke has been outstanding.

However, the difference in Dickov when he went up front was remarkable. So I don't understand why he would start him on the wing when Adams is available.

Also Powell, he should be in above Tunchev IMO.

Oh well, let's wait and see the nett result.

I'd agree with that but we should be beating the Cheltenhams of this World with me Left Back and you on the Right Wing Melts

He definitely wants the fullbacks in the final third. That's part of Pearson's tactics as seen against Tranmere and Fulham when Gilbert and Dyer got forward a lot. Chris Powell not so much as he's 107.
it's not 3-5-2, but Dickov will tuck in i would imagine and look to play one two's of the front two and/or get gilbert in on the overlap. Can't imagine him hugging the touchline and giving it the stepover!

I'd agree with that but we should be beating the Cheltenhams of this World with me Left Back and you on the Right Wing Melts
Agreed, H. But let's face it, We'd also give Ashley Cole and David Beckham a run for their money in those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669