City Reserves 4 Sheffield United Reserves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting silly, we have a player thats cost us £1,5mill scores goals for fun at Blackpool last season and is now playing well for the reserves.... the lad might have attitude but im seriously hoping he gets a chance at some stage.

If we dont sell him in the window then surely he will have to figure at some stage?

He didn't score for fun at Blackpool, he scored a number of penalties and a few others. And a couple of goals for the reserves is hardly inspiring.

He can still go out on loan. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Blackpool for the season if we can't sell him.

Looks like he did ok last season
blackpool-donkey_979385c.jpg

Last edited:
This is getting silly, we have a player thats cost us £1,5mill scores goals for fun at Blackpool last season and is now playing well for the reserves.... the lad might have attitude but im seriously hoping he gets a chance at some stage.

If we dont sell him in the window then surely he will have to figure at some stage?

I am sure that DJ has been told exactly what it is he has to do if he wants to 'figure'.

The guy DOES NOT want to be here.

Nigel Pearson DOES NOT want him here.

I wish some would get it into their heads that DJ Campbell will NEVER play a first team game again for City.

The guy DOES NOT want to be here.

Nigel Pearson DOES NOT want him here.

I wish some would get it into their heads that DJ Campbell will NEVER play a first team game again for City.

Sorry, you have me mistaken for some sort of DJ Campbell fan, im not, i just think that something doesnt add up.

Ill hold you to this comment, if we dont sell him im confident he will figure again at some point. A late sub maybe, he cannot ignore him if he keeps scoring for the reserves.

The only way DJ gets a sniff at the first team is if Pearson leaves....simple as that.

I honestly think if we lost all of our strikers in some horrific pudding related accident and were left with playing 15 year old academy players up front that is what Pearson would do.

The only way DJ gets a sniff at the first team is if Pearson leaves....simple as that.

I honestly think if we lost all of our strikers in some horrific pudding related accident and were left with playing 15 year old academy players up front that is what Pearson would do.

Would that be Custard's Last Stand?

What exactly is Headless' problem anyway? Does he not like the fans? Is the stadium too far from his house? Is the home shirt made of a clingy material? :102:

They all ended up with a Spotted Dick?

... I'll get my coat!

Sorry, you have me mistaken for some sort of DJ Campbell fan, im not, i just think that something doesnt add up.

Ill hold you to this comment, if we dont sell him im confident he will figure again at some point. A late sub maybe, he cannot ignore him if he keeps scoring for the reserves.

I'm still failing to understand why you think this.

He can, and has, ignored him. He will never play for the first team ever again. You may also have failed to notice that we've signed 3 strikers in the past three-weeks (one on a long-term permanent contract, one on a short-term contract and one on loan).

He's not bringing in more strikers for the sake of it. He's bringing in more strikers because DJ Campbell is not, and never will be, an option for Nigel Pearson.

Steve Howard, Matty Fryatt, Martyn Waghorn, Paul Gallagher, Yann Kermorgant, Paul Dickov, Ashley Chambers and Dany N'Guessen will alll have to die a painful death before DJ is EVER considered.

Last edited:
I'm still failing to understand why you think this.

He can, and has, ignored him. He will never play for the first team ever again. You may also have failed to notice that we've signed 3 strikers in the past three-weeks (one on a long-term permanent contract, one on a short-term contract and one on loan).

He's not bringing in more strikers for the sake of it. He's bringing in more strikers because DJ Campbell is not, and never will be, an option for Nigel Pearson.

Steve Howard, Matty Fryatt, Martyn Waghorn, Paul Gallagher, Yann Kermorgant, Paul Dickov, Ashley Chambers and Dany N'Guessen will alll have to die a painful death before DJ is EVER considered.

Why would it have to be a painful death? Wouldn't them all passing away peacefully in their sleep leave us in the same predicament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669