Citys captain this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
and hope the extra responsibility would improve his game

can't see how concentrating on other peoples performances is going to aid his lacklustre performances to be honest

Oakley has been captain everywhere else he has been and IMO would flourish with the added responsibility.

Oakley has been captain everywhere else he has been and IMO would flourish with the added responsibility.

he was made capatin last season for a few games, dont think he played any better, but if he stays he is as good a canidate as anyone else.

Maybe Henderson could be captain?:102:

Why do you say that?
Because I have sat through four seasons of shit, and not one of the players has "grabbed the bull by the horns" and tried to motivate the players on the pitch, organise them, or indeed just gave them any encouragement at all. Not one player will put his arm round another, scream at another, or applaud another.

When we go in front, there is nothing vocal from any players telling everybody to sit tight and hold on to the lead, no arm waving, no gesturing, no fist clenching. When we are down, there is not one player rushing to get the ball from out of touch, no urgency, and no cohesion between the players.

The players seem to just plod along on the pitch without lead, or example.

Good point Melts. I thought Oakley grew as a leader and player yesterday, which was nice to see. Still the loudest City player was Henderson for me.

Because I have sat through four seasons of shit, and not one of the players has "grabbed the bull by the horns" and tried to motivate the players on the pitch, organise them, or indeed just gave them any encouragement at all. Not one player will put his arm round another, scream at another, or applaud another.

When we go in front, there is nothing vocal from any players telling everybody to sit tight and hold on to the lead, no arm waving, no gesturing, no fist clenching. When we are down, there is not one player rushing to get the ball from out of touch, no urgency, and no cohesion between the players.

pointing out the ****ing obvious isn't enough for some people, expect to post again!

Last edited:

pointing out the ****ing obvious isn't enough for some people, expect to post again!

The fact that Oakley was captain when Derby went up may well indicate that he is a natural leader who is up to the job. Perhaps it was despite him rather than because of him but Derby fans don't seem to think so. Also captained Southampton. He should have given more last season no doubt but so should a number of senior players including the non-entity captain we had for most of the campaign. Melton you have said before that we did not have a bad team last season just a shocking choice of managers and a captain doesn't choose the tactics. His past record alone should mean IMO he is given the chance to lead.

The fact that Oakley was captain when Derby went up may well indicate that he is a natural leader who is up to the job. Perhaps it was despite him rather than because of him but Derby fans don't seem to think so. Also captained Southampton. He should have given more last season no doubt but so should a number of senior players including the non-entity captain we had for most of the campaign. Melton you have said before that we did not have a bad team last season just a shocking choice of managers and a captain doesn't choose the tactics. His past record alone should mean IMO he is given the chance to lead.
I have never said that it is the wrong choice.

But I do try to base my opinions on what I see with my own eyes, and so far I haven't seen anybody worthy of the captain's armband.

Whether he gets it by merit or default, I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds.

if he is a natural leader where was his leadership last season?

Wasn't given the chance by the clown we had in charge. As I said he still should have given more but that could be aimed at all but about 4 of the squad.

so this natural leader was told not to lead which is something so natural to him, get your head out your arse

its obviously not just you personally but everyone is in cloud ****ing cuckoo land, we have a great squad with a great captain and a great manager.......see below for reality

we have a manager who has a shite previous record, a squad we either know very little about the players or they were shit last year, and a captain who couldn't be arsed to lead last season so why should this one be different???

so this natural leader was told not to lead which is something so natural to him, get your head out your arse

its obviously not just you personally but everyone is in cloud ****ing cuckoo land, we have a great squad with a great captain and a great manager.......see below for reality

we have a manager who has a shite previous record, a squad we either know very little about the players or they were shit last year, and a captain who couldn't be arsed to lead last season so why should this one be different???

How exactly do you lead a team that you are not made captain of. Would you go into work and take over from your team leader / manager if you decided they were not doing a good enough job. Of course not. You would however find it incredibly frustrating and it would probably affect your overall performance. Keep up the optimism for the new season by the way!! :)

Why bother then Fitz? What makes your pessimism of the forthcoming season any more 'factual' than someone else's views?

A few points please, why is Mr Pearson's record so shite? At which point was Matt Oakley captain last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669