Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next phase of our progress will be to aim for regular mid table finishes, Claudio could be just the man to achieve that

Managing Leicester at this stage of our transition into the PL is bound to be a risk whoever it is.

As BN says the job is to get us better established in this league. The achievement of survival last season was fantastic but level headed people - including the owners - won't have overlooked that we were bottom for most of the season and didn't seem to have a clue where the next win would come from.

I hope and I go along with the 50/50 chance that Ranieri can do a bit better. We can all select the bits that we want from his record- to suit our personal prejudices- but at least he should know enough and be able to identify the mid field players that are needed to fill a yawning gap (with or without Cambiasso).

Well from a Greek perspective I can tell you that if there was a popularity contest between Wolfgang Schauble and Ranieri it would be Claudio hanging by his toenails from the harbour wall with his ears below the waterline.

Who does Wolfgang Schauble play for?

Just been reminded by a Wednesday fan that he was known as the Tinkerman and this spurred me on for this

to the Music man song

"They called him tinkerman, And he comes from Italy and he can play!"
Who can he play..
He can play Cambiasso
Esteban is the King is the King is the King
Esteban is the King he is the f*cling King
:angry:

I think your new grandchild could do better than that MoFo :)

just my opinion but, Uggggghhhh.

We'll have to see but I don't think this is a good appointment.

I reckon he's the only one who could be deemed an improvement On NP who was available and willing to come.

Let's face it, the likes of Lennon or Cotterill were never going to be sufficient for a club like us. It would've been madness sacking NP and brining in one of them.

NP is one of the best managers we've ever had and though I believe sacking him may have been wrong, Ranieri must get our full support.

I think Ranieri will do very well.

According to Talk Shit radio we are already relegated and it's a massive shame as we are such a good club.

They feel terribly sorry for Leicester fans and hope we bounce back, it's unbelievable.

Oh but Bournemouth are going to be absolutely fine.

Things were beginning to look a bit desperate. Names were mentioned that would have been acceptable choices if we were struggling in the Championship. But partly thanks to Nigel Pearson we have reached another level.

Claudio has vast experience. He seems to have judgement - unlike Martin Allen nobody ever nicknamed him "Mad Dog" . His CV and the fact that he worked with Robert Huth should mean the players will want to listen to him. Having worked with Cambiasso he may well be able to keep him. It will be an agreeable surprise if he can keep Shakespeare and Walsh.

There is a lot of talk about moving on from Nigel Pearson. No doubt this is what the owners want but is difficult when the club comes out with PR nonsense like "differences in perspective"

Joe Fox: please notice that this thread was started properly without any Mary Whitehouse type attempts at censorship.

According to Talk Shit radio we are already relegated and it's a massive shame as we are such a good club.

They feel terribly sorry for Leicester fans and hope we bounce back, it's unbelievable.

Oh but Bournemouth are going to be absolutely fine.
Was it them that had Jamie Scowcroft creeping out of the woodwork to condemn the appointment of Ranieri?

Things were beginning to look a bit desperate. Names were mentioned that would have been acceptable choices if we were struggling in the Championship. But partly thanks to Nigel Pearson we have reached another level.

Claudio has vast experience. He seems to have judgement - unlike Martin Allen nobody ever nicknamed him "Mad Dog" . His CV and the fact that he worked with Robert Huth should mean the players will want to listen to him. Having worked with Cambiasso he may well be able to keep him. It will be an agreeable surprise if he can keep Shakespeare and Walsh.

There is a lot of talk about moving on from Nigel Pearson. No doubt this is what the owners want but is difficult when the club comes out with PR nonsense like "differences in perspective"

Joe Fox: please notice that this thread was started properly without any Mary Whitehouse type attempts at censorship.
I get a feeling that JoeFox actually managed to annoy you a bit.

Was it them that had Jamie Scowcroft creeping out of the woodwork to condemn the appointment of Ranieri?

Yes it was, and he sounded like an absolute wet lettuce, totally characterless and utterly miserable.

Who the **** is he to comment?

I liked Pearson and was shocked at the timing of his departure however I am becoming bored feckin shitless with the blinkered view that he was / is the only manager capable of ever achieving any level of success with our club. He has obvious limitations and his replacement in Ranieri, whilst far from a guarantee of success, is not the hopeless chancer some are making out.

Bottom line is he probably wasn't first choice, but then again neither was Pearson on either occasion and that didn't work out too bad in the end did it???

Let's get behind Claudio and judge him on how he performs with us. Who knows how it will turn but at least give him a chance

I liked Pearson and was shocked at the timing of his departure however I am becoming bored feckin shitless with the blinkered view that he was / is the only manager capable of ever achieving any level of success with our club. He has obvious limitations and his replacement in Ranieri, whilst far from a guarantee of success, is not the hopeless chancer some are making out.

Bottom line is he probably wasn't first choice, but then again neither was Pearson on either occasion and that didn't work out too bad in the end did it???

Let's get behind Claudio and judge him on how he performs with us. Who knows how it will turn but at least give him a chance

This, coupled with the fact that none of the naysayers appear to have a better option, means I'm fully behind the decision.

I'm pretty staggered by the negativity surrounding his appointment. Not amongst fans on forums because there's always one winger for every one blinkered optimist, but amongst the mainstream press. And no doubt they'd have applauded the hiring of O'Neill or Lennon. Useless ****ing pundits. A total lack of insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669