Clemence/Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerching.
If you need the money then why not simply go into administration again and not bother paying anyone. Not as though you don't have a track record for it:icon_roll

If you need the money then why not simply go into administration again and not bother paying anyone. Not as though you don't have a track record for it:icon_roll
Aye, and if it happens to any other clubs they are now in serious trouble. Funny as fcuk really :icon_lol:

You have had your fun and thats ok I expect a bit of piss taking but I think its time you went back to yoour own Forum now.We aren't that interesting and you are becoming a bit boring tbh.

Good news on Worley but it would be even better news if we can do the same with Bell.

If you need the money then why not simply go into administration again and not bother paying anyone.

Not strictly true, some creditors were paid something. BTW, why don't you go on an Ipswich site and say the same, as they went into admin shortly after us. Somehow they didn't get the same amount of adverse comment that we did.

It does amaze me that so many other fans wanted us relegated because of the Admin thing, yet no one seems to want the same fate for Ipswich who did exactly the same thing the same season(but used our very public situation to hide behind whilst they did it)

Only time will tell...But i dont believe any player will put their club before themselves, they all seem to be selfish in that regard

To be fair, they're all damned if they do come out and say I want to stay, and damned if they don't. I'd take all of it with a massive lorry load of salt.

The News squad mwembers should get the chance to show what they can do as I see a lot of this squad plying their trade elsewhere next season.

Young Gradel has done well with Bournemouth this season.

Henderson, I hope stays as we need a stable performer in goal.

The News squad mwembers should get the chance to show what they can do as I see a lot of this squad plying their trade elsewhere next season
So that's the real reason Radio Leicester are at The Walkers' this morning!!!

Iain Hume has apologised on behalf of all the players to each and every Leicester City fan following the club's relegation to League One.

But the 24-year-old striker has vowed to play his part in helping the club bounce back to the Championship at the first attempt.

"As players we are deeply, deeply sorry for the position we've put this club in but I can assure everyone that it wasn't on purpose," said the Canadian international.

"As far as I know, every player has given their all but we have only got ourselves to blame because we should have been safe weeks or even months ago.
Article continues
Advertisement

"But we let it slip and were just not consistent enough as a team and as a result people have the right to be frustrated and disappointed with us.

"We've let a lot of people down and we know that. For that we are truly sorry."

The Foxes will ply their trade in the third tier of English football for the first time in their 124-year history next season following a goalless draw at runners-up Stoke City on Sunday.

"I have always given my heart and soul for this club and relegation has hurt me as much as anybody," he added.

"This great club doesn't deserve to be in the position that it now finds itself in but one thing I can guarantee the fans is that as players we will be doing everything in our power to get Leicester City back up to the Championship at the first attempt.

"This club is far too big for League One and it is now a case of getting our heads straight over the summer before coming back and focusing on the job in hand.

"It is going to be tough but it is just a matter of finding that level of consistency which we've been lacking for the three seasons that I've been here.

"We need to get that right and knuckle down because, from first hand experience, I know that we've got a real fight on our hands."

The former Tranmere Rovers hitman finished the season with 11 goals to this name but is understandably disappointed with his tally.

He added: "If I said I was happy with 11 goals then I'd be lying because I've always set a goal of being as good, if not better than the previous season and I finished with three less this time around.

"I didn't score enough and I know all the other strikers would say the same.

"We haven't done the defence justice and for us to do down with the second best defensive record in the league is a travesty.

"Our defenders were brilliant and gave us a real fighting chance of staying up but we could not produce in front of goal on a regular basis."

Hume is now keen to make amends and is 100 per cent committed to the Foxes' cause.

"There is bound to be a lot of speculation flying around over the next couple of months but I am a Leicester City player and am not looking to move.

"I know the chairman will want to put a side together which is capable of hitting the ground running come the start of next season because promotion has to be the aim.

"And I'd ask the fans, no matter how disappointed, to stick by us and help us come straight back up.

"Our supporters have been fantastic again and I feel for them at this time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hume hasnt been round my house to apologise yet !!! :icon_conf:icon_conf:icon_bigg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670