Club Investigating Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

The FA has jurisdiction over these matters. If they punish Pearson an appeal just keeps it all going.

It has dragged on long enough. Best to issue a weak apology along the lines of not meaning to offend sensitive people ; pay any fine imposed and move on.

In the unlikely event of an active(as against a suspended) suspension not sure that it would have much impact on results one way or another.

Richie

If he doesn't think he has anything to apologise for then why should he? The fan is a cretin shouting abuse then he laughably starts crying when he got a bit back. Pathetic. And an apology now would be insincere so I back Nigel on this, he can stuff it.

jb5000

If he doesn't think he has anything to apologise for then why should he? The fan is a cretin shouting abuse then he laughably starts crying when he got a bit back. Pathetic. And an apology now would be insincere so I back Nigel on this, he can stuff it.

Damn straight

David Gwilliam

Where is David Gwilliam these days? Doesn't he sit right where this occurred...

Good point Fox Fan. He's always seemed a bit of a trouble-maker to me.

Too many good comments for me to quote them all. I was away in Europe during the collapse - where I spent much of my time asking why the country of Da Vinci and Raphael is unable to produce a decent toilet. .

I would not have done a humorous post on the incident. I am reminded of an unsavoury photo of a moronic looking Newcastle fan shouting abuse at Sam Allardyce - something he would not have dared do in the street. It is cowardice to shout abuse at somebody you think cannot answer back - and pathetic to whine when they actually do.

For Cliff Ginetta to demand an apology is silly and superficial. An apology is worthless if it is not voluntary.

The late Mr Oliver Cromwell was probably referring to Cliff Ginetta when he said "You have sat here too long for any good that you are doing. Depart I say. In the name of God go."

OldGit

Too many good comments for me to quote them all. I was away in Europe during the collapse - where I spent much of my time asking why the country of Da Vinci and Raphael is unable to produce a decent toilet. .

I would not have done a humorous post on the incident. I am reminded of an unsavoury photo of a moronic looking Newcastle fan shouting abuse at Sam Allardyce - something he would not have dared do in the street. It is cowardice to shout abuse at somebody you think cannot answer back - and pathetic to whine when they actually do.

For Cliff Ginetta to demand an apology is silly and superficial. An apology is worthless if it is not voluntary.

The late Mr Oliver Cromwell was probably referring to Cliff Ginetta when he said "You have sat here too long for any good that you are doing. Depart I say. In the name of God go."

Thank you David!

pork pie fox

Welcome back Mr G (although I still have my doubts about you).

spionfox

"You have sat here too long for any good that you are doing. Depart I say. In the name of God go."

To paraphrase Mr Cromwell, "You have sat here too long in the Gods for any good that you are doing. Depart I say. In the name of God, go back to the touchline and give them hell."

Macky

Gruntled Member
To paraphrase Mr Cromwell, "You have sat here too long in the Gods for any good that you are doing. Depart I say. In the name of God, go back to the touchline and give them hell."
Why the ****ety-**** would we want Ginetta anywhere near the touchline?!?!?!
Could we not go proper Cromwell on him and just banish him to Connaught and be done with it?

Last edited:

Mawsley

Good old Mr.G, getting to the bottom of the issue.

You can't beat a bit of rump.

Brown Nose

I take it the spectator will be up on a charge as well then.

Not so. Thousands of fans say the same or worse every week. No managers do what NP did. That's a big difference.

Interesting profile piece in Football365 on Pearson and the " incident ". If I get the link right( which is 50/50 ) here it is www.football365.com/profile365/9601080/Profile365

If I've got it wrong you can find it on their site.

Dreadfully contrived article. It reads like the work of someone desperately trying to think of something to say.

Lako42

Not so. Thousands of fans say the same or worse every week.

No they don't, or maybe they do, but they are dotted all over the ground, not actually saying it directly and clearly to someones face.

Last edited:

Real Sharapova

Not so. Thousands of fans say the same or worse every week. No managers do what NP did. That's a big difference.

Dreadfully contrived article. It reads like the work of someone desperately trying to think of something to say.
Please tell me you made your mind up before you read it.:icon_wink

Brown Nose

Please tell me you made your mind up before you read it.:icon_wink

I know the difference between right and wrong so was clear about my view before reading the article, like any other sane person. Much like the arse-licking drivel from NPs pal Henry Winter, journalists will say whatever vaguely controversial cobblers they can come up with to earn them their next paycheck.

spionfox

Much like the arse-licking drivel from NPs pal Henry Winter, journalists will say whatever vaguely controversial cobblers they can come up with to earn them their next paycheck.

Bit like certain contributors to this forum. Except Jeff don't pay them, tight git.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669