Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct sir, but if you don't fight against what is obviously wrong, you become complicit. i'd just like a LCFC forum that doesn't have to stoop too low

Oh ****. Not another thing I'm complicit in. I'm just hoping St Peter gets bored reading out the list when when I'm in front of the pearly gates and lets me in anyway.

What are you? Some kind of thread Nazi? Anyway, Godwin for them tonight I guess.
correct sir, but if you don't fight against what is obviously wrong, you become complicit. i'd just like a LCFC forum that doesn't have to stoop too low

I see your point, but I guess I'm just tired of debating it. People drop casual racist, sexist and homophobic comments on the internet all the time and often use some kind of stupid "it's all about context" excuse, missing the point that using such degenerative terms and stereotypes keeps these kind of stereotypes, ill feeling towards groups of people and ideals seeing the light of day instead of letting them die out. Not to mention that when written down on the internet a lot of context and intonation is lost.

I know it's a pretty shitty response and a horrible attitude on my part and I am well aware of that, but I'm just tired of arguing it now. If you brought it up every time you saw someone making one you would end up in no end of stupid, petty arguments.

Last edited:
Cocksucker is a general term of abuse, I don't think it was meant to be homophobic, just abusive.

'cocksucking fops' mebbe is. 'Wankers lounging around smoking each other's cocks' would probably be a better way of putting it.

I see your point, but I guess I'm just tired of debating it. People drop casual racist, sexist and homophobic comments on the internet all the time and often use some kind of stupid "it's all about context" excuse, missing the point that using such degenerative terms and stereotypes keeps these kind of stereotypes, ill feeling towards groups of people and ideals seeing the light of day instead of letting them die out. Not to mention that when written down on the internet a lot of context and intonation is lost.

I know it's a pretty shitty response and a horrible attitude on my part and I am well aware of that, but I'm just tired of arguing it now. If you brought it up every time you saw someone making one you would end up in no end of stupid, petty arguments.

Agree with it 100%. If you hold everyone on the internet bang to rights...you will end up knackered and angry.

Anyway....City were shit today weren't they? Played like a bunch of poofte.....er....wimps.

Sorry, last one.

'cocksucking fops' mebbe is. 'Wankers lounging around smoking each other's cocks' would probably be a better way of putting it.

:icon_lol:

I've got to say, tonight was a bad night... but this thread has had me crying with laughter and actually feeling better.

Thank you d70g.

some people type different stuff to, like what they really mean to say.. like their fingers say one thing, n mouth another..

Let's all behave and get rid of PS the Knob Jockey! .. point proven.

Guys and gals... I often pay a visit here; LCFC for nearly 40 years, live far away but often find both news and intelligent analysis to be found at this place first.

However, tonight alone I've read five or six overtly homophobic comments during a horrible defeat. Seriously, do you guys feel proud of this?

THIS ??? THIS is what your bothered about on a night like this ?

:icon_roll This is the kind of attitude I don't understand (but was inevitable to happen). If someone says they are offended by something, why do people go out of the way then to try and just make things they know the same person will find offensive? What ever happened to showing a bit of sensitivity to others feelings? Is it really that hard just to take on board what other people say or think about other people's feelings instead of making a cheap, unfunny gag. It's such a horrible facet of English culture, especially "lads culture."

Last edited:
I'd love to believe that somewhere on a gay messageboard somewhere where there has been a big issue in the gay community, someone has seared through that and launched a random, leftfield one man crusade about lcfc.

THIS ??? THIS is what your bothered about on a night like this ?

The "night like this" was caused by the Sousa problem and hopefully will soon be solved.

We should be grateful that d70g has raised an issue that needed to be brought up. Some of the comments that he complained about were quite unsavoury. If d70g has caused people to reflect a bit on this then he has done the forum a favour.

:icon_roll This is the kind of attitude I don't understand (but was inevitable to happen). If someone says they are offended by something, why do people go out of the way then to try and just make things they know the same person will find offensive? What ever happened to showing a bit of sensitivity to others feelings? Is it really that hard just to take on board what other people say or think about other people's feelings instead of making a cheap, unfunny gag. It's such a horrible facet of English culture, especially "lads culture."

While I kinda agree with you, I think you're being a bit harsh on Rugby in general

I want to know what Macky has done wrong now?

I've re-read the thread twice and appreciate that it's probably his fault but I can't spot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669