Confirmed Transfer Conor Coady

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm the permanent signing of central defender Conor Coady from Wolverhampton Wanderers, subject to league approval.

The 30-year-old defender, who has played 10 times for England at international level, joins the Foxes on a contract to the summer of 2026 for an undisclosed fee and adds considerable experience to the Club’s defensive ranks.

Coady spent the 2022/23 campaign on loan at Everton, featuring 25 times during his spell on Merseyside, and made over 300 appearances for Wolves.

Speaking to LCFC TV, he said: “I’m absolutely over the moon. I couldn’t wait to get down here, to obviously see everyone and get everything signed and boxed off. Now I’m here, I’m massively excited. I’ve been massively excited all summer to be fair and it’s something I was desperate to get done.

“I’ve played against the Club numerous times and it’s so, so hard playing against Leicester City. That’s something we need to take into the season. This place is incredible, I think it’s the best training ground I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s got absolutely everything so there’s no excuses for us going forward into the new campaign.

“Knowing a few of the lads here as well and how they speak of the Football Club, but looking at Leicester City as a whole, it’s such an exciting place to be. I’m massively excited about joining so it wasn’t a hard decision. As soon as I heard of the interest, it was something I wanted to pursue. I can’t wait to get started.”

Born in St Helens, Coady joined Liverpool’s academy in 2005 and made his senior debut for the club in a UEFA Europa League tie against Anzhi Makhachkala in November 2012.

His Premier League bow came at Fulham in May 2013 before spending the following campaign on loan at Sheffield United in League One, featuring on 50 occasions.

He then signed a permanent deal with Championship side Huddersfield Town in August 2014, where his impressive performances caught the eye of Wolves, who signed him the following summer.

An almost ever-present during his time at Molineux, Coady captained Wolves to promotion to the Premier League in 2017/18 and later helped them to qualify for European competition in 2018/19.

He played every minute of their UEFA Europa League campaign in 2019/20 and was subsequently named in UEFA’s Squad of the Season for the competition.

After a total of 317 appearances in a Wolves shirt, Coady signed a season-long loan deal with Everton last August, playing 25 games for the Toffees.

Internationally, he has represented England from Under-16 to Under-20 level, and made his senior debut against Denmark in September 2020.

He has since gone on to earn a further nine caps and was part of the Three Lions squad that reached the final of UEFA Euro 2020.

Coady will now link up with his new City team-mates ahead of the new Sky Bet Championship season, which begins at home to Coventry City on Sunday 6 August (12pm kick-off).

It’s all happening

…it’s the best training ground I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s got absolutely everything so there’s no excuses…

Hahahahaha

Coady certainly talks a good game.

I worry about the fact that two very mediocre clubs have bounced him over the last 12 months. Presumably he had no PL interest.

I hope this means that the contract offer to Evans has been withdrawn.

I thought I read somewhere that Evans was on his way. Or rather, there was no offer. I think I read it in discord.

I worry about the fact that two very mediocre clubs have bounced him over the last 12 months. Presumably he had no PL interest.

Rob Tanner said this week that no new contract has been offered to Evans.

It's odd because the club made it sound otherwise when announcing the released list, but there may have been discussions without a contract ever actually being offered.

You’re really on one today.

I noticed yesterday that he’s still listed as a player on the official website. All of the other players who were out of contract have been removed. That worries me.

Well he’s joined an even more mediocre team/club who are playing at a much lower standard. So just maybe he’ll be alright.

I noticed yesterday that he’s still listed as a player on the official website. All of the other players who were out of contract have been removed. That worries me.
Maybe he's still in contact, until the 15th or summat equally daft.

All of the others have been released. He hasn't ...

...yet

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464