Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coventry City Ltd have gone into liquidation and the League One club appears certain to go into the new season with a points deduction.

The move follows a meeting on Friday morning with Coventry's major creditor, ACL, the company that owns the Ricoh Arena.

ACL refused to accept the Company Voluntary Agreement (CVA) that was put before them, forcing Coventry City Ltd, one of the club's constituent parts, into liquidation.

The club were deducted 10 points last season for going into administration and the Football League must now assess the situation.

Coventry could conceivably start the new campaign with a 25 or 30-point deduction.

It now appears certain they will play at Northampton Town's Sixfields Stadium in 2013/14.

ACL are understood to have offered Coventry the opportunity to remain at the Ricoh Arena on a reduced rent but that option now appears unlikely.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ation-and-club-looks-set-for-points-reduction

200 season tickets sold for the 2013/14 season so far

Oh dear.......

I say fair play to the Cov fans as it's about time people decided to stand-up after enough crap like this.

Not happy with the regime so not wanting to line the pockets of the selfish gits - fair play to them!

I say fair play to the Cov fans as it's about time people decided to stand-up after enough crap like this.

Not happy with the regime so not wanting to line the pockets of the selfish gits - fair play to them!

Fair point.

Most of my family are Cov fans, I don't expect any of them to go to matches ever again. Might as well call the team that plays in Northampton Northants Blues, the club is most likely dead.

Were the prices for season tickets at Northampton the same as if they had been playing at the Ricoh?

**** em.Then kill em.Then **** em some more while they're still warm.

Thats about my take on it.I never had any feelings one way or another about Cov when I was a kid.As far as I was concerned it was in the West Mids & meant about as much to me as Brum or Villa.I was too busy hating the sheep & F****t.
Until I went to see us play them at Filbo aged 15.A grown man twice my size punched me full in the face,stole my scarf & ran back into the crowd of inbreds he'd been walking with along Walnut St waving it to the sound of cheers as if he'd achieved something remarkable.I guess assaulting a child is considered admirable behaviour in such cretinous places as Cov.

Years later I worked in a factory where half the workforce was from Cov & the other half from Leicester.They got bussed in every morning.They were forever picking fights in the car park at the end of the day like a bunch of ****ing school kids.I was 24 at the time & well beyond such dumb shit.Last thing you need after a days work in that craphole.

Yet more years later when we were in admin I read tons of gloating on football forums from Cov dickheads laughing at us & wishing us well starting over in the 9th tier.
Boots on the other foot now isn't it lads?
The big difference being that NOBODY,ANYWHERE is even remotely interested in putting together a consortium to save your shitty little club.
Even they know they're shit.As evidenced by the ridiculous brown away kit from the 70s.Without doubt the worst strip in the history of football.

In addition,Coventry itself is a pikey shitehole & the only place in England where I've ever witnessed a drunken brawl in a beer garden at LUNCHTIME.
As far as I'm concerned,in addition to his death sentence at Nuremburg,Hermann Goering should have been awarded the OBE for services to town planning.

Now **** off to Northampton & try not to disturb the grown ups ever again.

**** em.Then kill em.Then **** em some more while they're still warm.

Thats about my take on it.I never had any feelings one way or another about Cov when I was a kid.As far as I was concerned it was in the West Mids & meant about as much to me as Brum or Villa.I was too busy hating the sheep & F****t.
Until I went to see us play them at Filbo aged 15.A grown man twice my size punched me full in the face,stole my scarf & ran back into the crowd of inbreds he'd been walking with along Walnut St waving it to the sound of cheers as if he'd achieved something remarkable.I guess assaulting a child is considered admirable behaviour in such cretinous places as Cov.

Years later I worked in a factory where half the workforce was from Cov & the other half from Leicester.They got bussed in every morning.They were forever picking fights in the car park at the end of the day like a bunch of ****ing school kids.I was 24 at the time & well beyond such dumb shit.Last thing you need after a days work in that craphole.

Yet more years later when we were in admin I read tons of gloating on football forums from Cov dickheads laughing at us & wishing us well starting over in the 9th tier.
Boots on the other foot now isn't it lads?
The big difference being that NOBODY,ANYWHERE is even remotely interested in putting together a consortium to save your shitty little club.
Even they know they're shit.As evidenced by the ridiculous brown away kit from the 70s.Without doubt the worst strip in the history of football.

In addition,Coventry itself is a pikey shitehole & the only place in England where I've ever witnessed a drunken brawl in a beer garden at LUNCHTIME.
As far as I'm concerned,in addition to his death sentence at Nuremburg,Hermann Goering should have been awarded the OBE for services to town planning.

Now **** off to Northampton & try not to disturb the grown ups ever again.

There are arseholes in every City and town that support every club and many people could recall similar experiences about us. However, there are also a majority of decent people in and around Cov that will be really hurting about what is happening to their club.

I don't wish any ill on any club and hope Cov somehow pull through this. There are things in life worth getting agitated about but this isn't one of them for me. Much like with Pompey, it's a very sad warning sign of where we could all end up.

...it's a very sad warning sign of where we could all end up.

With the way football is run, it is probably more true to conclude that it's where we should all end up.

How not? Any other business that uses the sort of acumen shown by the majority of senior clubs in this country would have gone to the wall long ago. If nothing changes, it is inevitable that there will be one Cov-type fiasco after another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670