Cov post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most bullshit call in all of footballing referring IMHO. The striker even had a shot on goal before the ref gave it, utter bollocks.

The midfield were totally spineless for me - Clemence and Oakley wandered around, allowing Thornton and Hughes to control the game. The defence were all over the shop at times and for me, Kisnorbo kept them at bay single-handly. The strikers were simply ineffective with a poor quality of service, Campbell looked right up for it against two donkey centre halfs yet we chose to plow the ball forward with the long hoof.

The most bullshit call in all of footballing referring IMHO. The striker even had a shot on goal before the ref gave it, utter bollocks.

The midfield were totally spineless for me - Clemence and Oakley wandered around, allowing Thornton and Hughes to control the game. The defence were all over the shop at times and for me, Kisnorbo kept them at bay single-handly. The strikers were simply ineffective with a poor quality of service, Campbell looked right up for it against two donkey centre halfs yet we chose to plow the ball forward with the long hoof.

Spot on.

EDIT: Although I would disagree about Oakley.

I think he was he great today - showed passion, fight and skill. So pleased we've finally got some quality in the middle of the park but we still seem to lose games.

I'm just totally dejected after today.

Last edited:
It's good to see refs using the advantage rule properly.

But he failed to signal whether this is what he was using, it was almost in the second phase of the incident as Best had gone past Maculay, daylight between em. I failed to see an original foul regardless.

All is forgiven to Stearman, Chambers looked shot it for confidence. We beat ourselves today, really did. They weren't much but we rolled over.

Elliott Ward for his celebration in front of the City fans is a total twat. He should of been booked. Apparently the players take too much abuse from the fans, well why ask for it acting a twat?

Last edited:
But he failed to signal whether this is what he was using, it was almost in the second phase of the incident as Best had gone past Maculay, daylight between em. I failed to see an original foul regardless.

All is forgiven to Stearman, Chambers looked shot it for confidence. We beat ourselves today, really did. They weren't much but we rolled over.

Elliott Ward for his celebration in front of the City fans is a total twat. He should of been booked. Appartently the players take too much abuse from the fans, well why ask for it acting a twat?

Yes i noticed that he was being a prick staring at the fans.:018:

Some fans down at the front were talking to a couple of coppers just after that, I'm assuming it was in reference to Ward's 'celebration'.

Anyhoo, Alnwick could've, indeed should've saved that peno ino. It was a weak attempt.

And he should've done better for their second.

Elliott Ward for his celebration in front of the City fans is a total twat. He should of been booked. Apparently the players take too much abuse from the fans, well why ask for it acting a twat?

So you get booked for running into the fans, booked for lifting your shirt up, and now booked for looking at the fans? Feck me no one will want to score at this rate......

Some fans down at the front were talking to a couple of coppers just after that, I'm assuming it was in reference to Ward's 'celebration'.

Anyhoo, Alnwick could've, indeed should've saved that peno ino. It was a weak attempt.

And he should've done better for their second.

I was right next to the chap who was to the talking to the one of the coppers and he did it with no malice at all. Just mentioned it was wrong to outlaw fans inciting one and another, so why should it be any different for the players?

I also thought Alnwick was poor on both goals.

Last edited:
Don't defend them FFS, it's obvious to all law and rule abiding football goers what these people do.

Them people were involved in phone calls prior to being captured fighting with rival fans, "It aint rocket science".

Scum, and undefendable.

im not defending anybody, if they were involved then they deserve all they get. im just saying its a little bit strange to say that because they were men in the area on mobiles then they were involved.
and basically its a little bit 2 faced to sit on our computers and call the rivals scum i.e covscum as well as a lot more and then complain when ther,s trouble between the 2 sides.
if wwere big enough to call the opposition names then we should expect the odd bit of trouble.

So you get booked for running into the fans, booked for lifting your shirt up, and now booked for looking at the fans? Feck me no one will want to score at this rate......

He stared at the fans like someone does eyeing up for a scrap, the fans told him to feck off (they don't want someone dancing on their own grave), he had 3 sides of the ground to choose from but decided to celebrate in front of us. He was winding the fans up no doubt about it. He felt it more appropriate to celebrate the goal with the Leicester fans than the Cov fans or his fellow players. Lampard did it at Chelsea against us and then quickly apologised when he realised what he had done.

Quick question:

Today was my first ever away game. Why the **** do little kids stand up randomly and start doing a wanker sign or a "bring it on" sign to the home fans? Do they think it makes them look hard? The funny thing is, they wouldn't dare do it to their faces, they would fecking leg it no doubt. Even see adults do it as well, astonishing.

They were all acting leary on the way back to the coaches, all this bullshit coming from so many kids and then soon as they seen their buses in they jumped like good little boys.

I saw a bloke have a breakdown in front of me with one of their fans, he went from Dad taking his son down the footie to silly twat losing his head and showing up his son in 90 minutes. Some of them are fools I tell thee.

Last edited:
He stared at the fans like someone does eyeing up for a scrap, the fans told him to feck off (they don't want someone dancing on their own grave), he had 3 sides of the ground to choose from but decided to celebrate in front of us. He was winding the fans up no doubt about it. He felt it more appropriate to celebrate the goal with the Leicester fans than the Cov fans or his fellow players. Lampard did it at Chelsea against us and then quickly apologised when he realised what he had done.

Its just one of those things Harry - you clearly are upset at the way we played today (just read your thread on Clemence) and that incident and the result clearly hasn't helped. But it happens every now and again. I know if I was a player I would probably do the same given the amount of abuse most players get from opposition fans - its just the players way of being able to say "**** you" without actually saying anything.

I'd have no problem if one of our players did it to opposition fans so I can't be that bothered by it if it happens to us. I'd actually be happy if one of our players did it as it would mean we would have actually scored!

Its just one of those things Harry - you clearly are upset at the way we played today (just read your thread on Clemence) and that incident and the result clearly hasn't helped. But it happens every now and again. I know if I was a player I would probably do the same given the amount of abuse most players get from opposition fans - its just the players way of being able to say "**** you" without actually saying anything.

I'd have no problem if one of our players did it to opposition fans so I can't be that bothered by it if it happens to us. I'd actually be happy if one of our players did it as it would mean we would have actually scored!

Tbf, I'd probably do the same :icon_roll, it just gets me angry....You know you read the press of players being mistreated...good god. I need a night's sleep. I gotta go Coventry on Monday......:icon_sad:

The only thing I am pissed off with IH about is the fact that he didn't bring another right and left winger in the transfer window, and I was getting more and more worried as the end of January approached. He has been saying all along about wingers, yet in the second half we were playing a striker and a left back on the wings. But unfortunately for IH, he can't blame the previous managers for it this time.

Dont you realise ffs Hume a right winger,and a central midfielder,and a left back,and a well wherever he wants to be because he sure as hell cant discipline himself to stay out wide.He was absolutely awful today,gave the ball away all the time,tried to be clever in the wrong areas losing the ball several times which in the 1st half we were lucky to get away with.He is a forward,he either plays ther or he doesnt play,easy.Whole team utter shite.

Tbf, I'd probably do the same :icon_roll, it just gets me angry....You know you read the press of players being mistreated...good god. I need a night's sleep. I gotta go Coventry on Monday......:icon_sad:

Get a good night sleep H, it will all seem much better when you watch the highlights tomorrow!!!!!!

When did supporting Leicester City get so ****ing irritating? I must admit, they are starting to piss me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669