Pre Match Coventry City (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was basing my opinion on the replies to this thread and other posts on this board. I wouldn't go as far as saying people are 'shitting themselves' though, just aware that it isn't so simply as spending the most money in the league and are quite aware of the implications of this summers spending if we do not go up this year.

OK - "shitting themselves" was an exaggerated metaphor. But I don't share your feeling that too many people think we're up already. The pessimistic nature of the average Leicester fan has been fashioned over more than a century and a quarter. We're not going to disregard it now just because somebody has invested a bit (yes, a big bit) of money in the club.

Most City fans I know are shitting themselves with concern that all the outlay may have been for nothing and that we will struggle to achieve the rich rewards we have been promised.

I consider myself in that group too.

OK - "shitting themselves" was an exaggerated metaphor. But I don't share your feeling that too many people think we're up already. The pessimistic nature of the average Leicester fan has been fashioned over more than a century and a quarter. We're not going to disregard it now just because somebody has invested a bit (yes, a big bit) of money in the club.

Haha like it :)

As I say though, it was just the feeling I got from reading this thread and others albeit only skim reading. Nothing is clear in football so even if one person were to think we are going to win the league without trying then its still too many in my opinion.

Last edited:
Haha like it :)

As I say though, it was just the feeling I got from reading this thread and others albeit only skim reading. Nothing is clear in football so even if one person were to think we are going to win the league without trying then its still too many in my opinion.

God anybody who says that needs locking up. I heard on a Forest forum how a City fan working in Nottingham was giving it all that about automatic promotion and making a fool out of himself.

We need to be very careful not to get carried away. All the same a loss here IS NOT the end of the world. We do need time to gel. I imagine we will see our best football around Christmas. When our huge squad will give us advantage over all the other sides.

Lineker double, 5-1.

Speaking on dreams, I had one last night that I somehow missed a cup game at Charlton. Didn't know about it until I saw the highlights on Sky Sports News. Woke up in a cold sweat.

Speaking on dreams, I had one last night that I somehow missed a cup game at Charlton. Didn't know about it until I saw the highlights on Sky Sports News. Woke up in a cold sweat.

Hardly surprising, how you could possibly be classed as a real fan without going to every single match is quite simply beyond belief!

Lineker double, 5-1.

How would you have got there?

Hardly surprising, how you could possibly be classed as a real fan without going to every single match is quite simply beyond belief!
I know you speak in jest, but I've put a lot of effort into my streak. I don't expect anyone else to do the same but it's very important to me.

I've put a lot of effort into my streak.

I had a dream about your streak. It's OK though I managed to wake myself up before I came to any harm.

Top-10-streaking-moments-during-sport-events-2.jpg

Another 400 tickets making it 6,300 City fans going to Coventry. :icon_bigg

Another 400 tickets making it 6,300 City fans going to Coventry. :icon_bigg

The initial number was 5,773 which makes it just less than 6,200 in total - still not as many as Leeds.

The initial number was 5,773 which makes it just less than 6,200 in total - still not as many as Leeds.

Not as many as Leeds for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670