Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - can you tell Sunderland to come back down and join us in the Championship. Clearly it was not possible for them to get promoted after their awful start.

So we should change our manager like they did?

OK - can you tell Sunderland to come back down and join us in the Championship. Clearly it was not possible for them to get promoted after their awful start.

Once in a blue moon occurance? They changed manager and spent millions upon millions (£11.2 million). They lost their first four games and won the next three. They spent just two games in the relegation zone.

[YOUTUBE]Mmgr4ehOAdQ[/YOUTUBE]

Gets better each time you watch it. He doesn't even look up until the ball's left his feet, pure instinct.

From my own very limited playing experience, I believe the manager has a massive bearing on player performances. In my opinion, Pearson instructed the players to play a percentage based game, where defenders were simply responsible for defendining and playing the no risk ball into the channel. I believe Sousa however wants a great deal more from his defenders, not only carrying out defensive duties but also playing an integral part of the possession game. The risk with this is that when the team loses possession, the defenders have a greater chance of being caught out of position. Consequently, I think the likes of Hobbs and Morrison at centre back have found it difficult to adapt.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. (What are you doing on here?) :icon_bigg

Once in a blue moon occurance? They changed manager and spent millions upon millions (£11.2 million). They lost their first four games and won the next three. They spent just two games in the relegation zone.

But last season Reading were near the bottom for most of the season, yet some of our fans thought they would pip us for a play-off place.

I guess I'm not going to change your outlook.

I happen to think we will shortly start climbing the table... with Sousa still in charge.

But last season Reading were near the bottom for most of the season, yet some of our fans thought they would pip us for a play-off place.

I guess I'm not going to change your outlook.

I happen to think we will shortly start climbing the table... with Sousa still in charge.

Again....another team who changed manager :icon_lol:

having been to the coventry game I have to say i think it was excellent.
The instant we start shooting more, which was virtually all it needed, it looks like we will showing some teams up in this division to be total dogsh*t. Coventry looked terrible, Boothroyd doesn't seem to have anything but hoof tactics, and our passing looked great. A little bit more ruthlessness, the click that looks like it is coming, and we'll be -as was mentioned earlier- storming up the table.

Changing from Pearson to ousa is a big change- it was always going to take a while!

However no Sousa signings in the lineup at all if I'm not wrong- perhaps he should find a new scouting team?

So you think it essential for us to change the manager to climb the table?

The two examples you provided would suggest it isn't a bad idea to change.

I don't think he'll take us down but doubt he will take us anywhere near our achievements of last season as he is still learning

The two examples you provided would suggest it isn't a bad idea to change.

I don't think he'll take us down but doubt he will take us anywhere near our achievements of last season as he is still learning

I don't think any manager could replicate last season tbh, even had NP stayed. We got massively lucky really.

Plus, one of the alternatives at the moment is Phil Brown, so we shouldn't even risk ending up with that twunt.

And there's a host of other managerial changes that made not a blind bit of difference, or even made things worse.

And there lies the reason for the :icon_lol: smilies. Seemed an odd two examples to use for the point you were trying to make

I don't think any manager could replicate last season tbh, even had NP stayed. We got massively lucky really.

Plus, one of the alternatives at the moment is Phil Brown, so we shouldn't even risk ending up with that twunt.

Agree with both points. It would be nice to build on our near success of last season with a good shout of scraping through into the playoffs again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669