Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Twitter rumours he passed a medical with us today. Still not convinced by this one.

Agreed.

If he'd passed a medical, then he'd have been announced by now.

Not necessarily. When I used to get info about who was having medicals from a mate of mine, it was not always a case of a medical one day, announcement the next. Sometimes there was quite a bit of time between them.

That was years back though, so who knows whether how it's all processed has changed.

Not necessarily. When I used to get info about who was having medicals from a mate of mine, it was not always a case of a medical one day, announcement the next. Sometimes there was quite a bit of time between them.

That was years back though, so who knows whether how it's all processed has changed.

I was just going on the tweets that 4-4-2 was putting out the other day. The players were signed and talking to the media as soon as their medical was complete.

I'm no expert though :)

I'm no expert though :)
Same here, I know they used to be conducted at BUPA as that's where the info leaked from. Not sure anymore, in fact I'm not sure what a medical actually consists of!!

Could be done in two parts I suppose and that's where the mix up with info comes from. Scans etc at the hospital and then the club doctor giving them a look over before giving the thumbs up to sign.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a medical actually consists of!!

I'm given to understand that it is no longer just a case of coughing when requested.

I was waiting for someone to say that!

Do you really think we would spend £7 million on two players though? Especially considering we need to recruit a few more yet.

Good point but it's possible that the owner's budget is higher than we all expected - time will tell. Perhaps they have been lowering everyone's expectations in order to get better value for money.
The club have active bids on the table for Maynard, CMS, & Mills (reading captain) all at hefty fees. We will shortly see if Sven will be permitted to buy one, two or all three of them or if he is forced to drop out of the bidding & acquire only one of them for example. We will see.
All the other players already acquired both in terms of transfer fees and wages also add up to a pretty hefty packet (not forgetting the strong rumours that Nugent might be one more to add), so the investment has been pretty substantial already.

Last edited:
From what I can gather I think we're very much in the hunt for both if we can get our hands on them. But I can't see us putting down the £5 million Bristol City want if it gets to the stage where Maynard says he is happy to stay at the club.

Stringer says Nugent seems unlikely now, and I have absolutely no idea what's happened to the Derbyshire deal. But it seems we may have more than the loose £10 million figure banded about at the start of pre-season.

turned down qpr and norwich? Wander why... I guess he wasn't convinced he had a great chance of first team football....?

I'm not convinced he's that great myself but apparently he's pretty quick and we all know Sven's number one preferred trait in most players is pace so it comes as no surprise that we are in for him in that respect.

I read that he turned down QPR because he didn't get assurances that Warnock would be manager at the start of next season

From what I can gather I think we're very much in the hunt for both if we can get our hands on them. But I can't see us putting down the £5 million Bristol City want if it gets to the stage where Maynard says he is happy to stay at the club.

Stringer says Nugent seems unlikely now, and I have absolutely no idea what's happened to the Derbyshire deal. But it seems we may have more than the loose £10 million figure banded about at the start of pre-season.

where did stringer say nugent seemed unlikely? only last night he was saying how likely it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669