Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz

Are you suggesting that I might tell a lie?

n900905322_2134066_9929.jpg

before the shave and haircut, still wear the clothes though

foxin_oz

Struth Fitzy, please tell me that outfit doesn't come with red high heels. Spion will be sooooo jealous. :110:

foxin_oz

Oh yeah, it's the post match thread isn't it? Ummm, good result for the lads, thought they deserved to nick a few points from those Palace ponces, and who better than Barry "the Slipper" Hayles to knock in the ever so clever winner. :icon_bigg:icon_wink

OldGit

The 'senior member'/'junior member' is put there by the list software - it relates only to the number of posts that the person has made. It is in no part an objective assessment, either by the individual or any other person.

:013: You have shattered my illusions.

When I noticed that I had recently acquired the "senior" tag I assumed that the elders of the Inner Circle had met in conclave and decided after rigorous analysis and lengthy debate that I merited elevation to the higher circles. I have been waiting with eager anticipation and rolled up trouser leg for the invitation to attend my initiation at which great and ancient mysteries would be revealed.

Now I find out I am a victim of a bit of malware. :icon_cry:

foxin_oz

You mean I only have to make another 2729 posts to be considered a senior member? Good grief forget it, I'd rather go ten pin bowling ... :102:

DesertFox

Back to the football for a minute.... (sorry about that)

Having been out of internet range and in and out of planes for the best part of four days I finally sat down and watched the game last night (without knowing the result). Sorry about the length of the post - I don't get many opportunities to critique the team these days.

I have to agree with Homer - whilst it was a pitifully low quality game, that's the best performance I've seen from a Leicester City side in ages. I'm in love, all over again :055:

The biggest determining factors were the pitch, which was shocking, and the opposition, which was bang on form and a typically hard-working, long-ball Colin Wanker team. On both counts I think Ollie got his tactics spot on. It was always going to be a physical battle, so the fact that we now have a few more players capable of competing physically is massive news for us. Starting with Hayles and Howard up front was the correct decision, and the substitutions were perfectly timed.

The match was summed up for me in the last ten minutes, when, instead of capitulating we showed lots of character, dug in and looked the more likely team to score (and actually DID score - feck me! :038:).

- Alnwick - looks like a decent keeper. Doesn't matter that he didn't have a shot to save; most, if not all keepers are good shot stoppers, but he looked capable of commanding his area and his defence were comfortable in front of him, which makes the difference.

Defence - superb!

- Best I've seen Mattock play.
- Kisnorbo and McAuley were immense.
- Stearman impressed me before he went off.
- N'Gotty slotted in perfectly when he came on.

Midfield - much more solid.

- Clemence was oustanding IMO, man of the match. Excellent determination and leadership.
- Oakley was quiet but it wasn't his sort of game at all. Would like to see him get forward more but he did a different job in this game and got stuck in.
- Laczko is an enigma! He looks capable of creating and getting in front of the strikers which is something we've not had for a long time, and it was good to see the work he put in defensively.
- Hume did OK really, seeing as he was out of position (in fact he did better defensively than when attacking). The addition of really top class free kicks to his game is a very welcome one.
- Bori looked very good when he came on. A touch of class; maybe not as dynamic as Laczko but very composed, neat and tidy.

Forwards - had a job to do and stuck to it.

- Howard should have scored one of his chances, but otherwise played a highly competent game as a target man.
- Hayles never stopped getting stuck in from the first minute to the last. I think that performance showed exactly why Ollie bought him - he's no world beater, but he'll give you 100% and get on the oppositions' tits for 90 minutes.
- DJ is going to be a good player for us. I've said all along he's the best small striker we have at the club and I think I'll be proved right.

All in all, feckin YES!!! GET IN!!! :038: :038: :038: :045: :045: :023:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.

Having been out of internet range and in and out of planes for the best part of four days I finally sat down and watched the game last night (without knowing the result). Sorry about the length of the post - I don't get many opportunities to critique the team these days.

I have to agree with Homer - whilst it was a pitifully low quality game, that's the best performance I've seen from a Leicester City side in ages. I'm in love, all over again :055:

The biggest determining factors were the pitch, which was shocking, and the opposition, which was bang on form and a typically hard-working, long-ball Colin Wanker team. On both counts I think Ollie got his tactics spot on. It was always going to be a physical battle, so the fact that we now have a few more players capable of competing physically is massive news for us. Starting with Hayles and Howard up front was the correct decision, and the substitutions were perfectly timed.

The match was summed up for me in the last ten minutes, when, instead of capitulating we showed lots of character, dug in and looked the more likely team to score (and actually DID score - feck me! :038:).

- Alnwick - looks like a decent keeper. Doesn't matter that he didn't have a shot to save; most, if not all keepers are good shot stoppers, but he looked capable of commanding his area and his defence were comfortable in front of him, which makes the difference.

Defence - superb!

- Clemence was oustanding IMO, man of the match. Excellent determination and leadership.
- Oakley was quiet but it wasn't his sort of game at all. Would like to see him get forward more but he did a different job in this game and got stuck in.
- Laczko is an enigma! He looks capable of creating and getting in front of the strikers which is something we've not had for a long time, and it was good to see the work he put in defensively.
- Hume did OK really, seeing as he was out of position (in fact he did better defensively than when attacking). The addition of really top class free kicks to his game is a very welcome one.
- Bori looked very good when he came on. A touch of class; maybe not as dynamic as Laczko but very composed, neat and tidy.

- Howard should have scored one of his chances, but otherwise played a highly competent game as a target man.
- Hayles never stopped getting stuck in from the first minute to the last. I think that performance showed exactly why Ollie bought him - he's no world beater, but he'll give you 100% and get on the oppositions' tits for 90 minutes.
- DJ is going to be a good player for us. I've said all along he's the best small striker we have at the club and I think I'll be proved right.

I would have said thats what his general game is.

newtonfox

Defence - superb!

we are looking a lot better

alex

Great read that Dessie - however where is Norris, Martin, Rivaldo and Joey?

City Fan

Around the corner!!!

Same with Marton Fulop. He is just around the corner and will be here before the end of the January transfer window without a doubt. Oh errr whoops.....

OldGit

have to agree 100% with DF - I too saw the recorded game during the week. Suppose it's easier to be positive when you watch from the armchair than out on a miserable cold damp night!

While Barry's goal was a bit of a fluke (loved the big grin to the crowd as he pointed to his knee), if it had not gone in DJ would certainly have done the business - he was only a couple of inches from the ball as it went over the line.

More of the same today please! (but more accuracy in front of goal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669